Setup Service Fee

I'm a Participant Level 3 Ehsan_shah
I'm a Participant Level 3

Setup Service Fee

on June 2019, I got a plan of 55 CAD on a monthly basis. Actually, Sales Person said that the Setup Service Fee (35 CAD) will be deducted after three month.

I've just received the first bill, the 35CAD is included.

I'm wondering whether the sales person was telling the truth or it was just a way to ignite me for the deal.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Re: Setup Service Fee

Hi, 

I checked the matter this afternoon with sales persons at the same booth where I got my Fido.

They said the activation fee will be waived in second or third bill! Seems to be kind of credit to my account.

I do appreciate your consideration as to my concern.

Happy to choose Fido over others because of its remarkable support and attention.

Again, thank you all.

Best Regards

Ehsan_shah

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8

Hey @Ehsan_shah, welcome to the Community! Smiley 

I'm sorry if there was any misunderstanding regarding this charge, we definitely don't want you to have surprises on your bill.

The $35 Setup Service fee is a mandatory fee that's applicable for all new activations or hardware upgrades. Usually, the only way to avoid this fee is to complete an activation directly online on our website or you received a special offer confirmed on your agreement. 

With that said, we'd have to take a closer look into your account to see the details. We can send you a PM here or you may also contact a representative through our other channels here

Let us know what you prefer! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8

Hi FidoAllan,

I do appreciate your attention and specifically your prompt response.

To let you know, activation was completed online through Fido website at the time of making deal.

It would be great if you sent me PM here as soon as you find out.

Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8

Did you activate in a store, or on Fido.ca and have everything mailed to you @Ehsan_shah

If it was on Fido.ca, there should not have been a charge and we will PM you to look into it.

If it was done in store, and they mentioned it would be credited in 3 months, then the best option is to wait for the 3 invoices to be out or to check back to the store. The stores have their own promotions so they're the ones who can confirm.

I hope this helps Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8

Hi FidoNick,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, It was a booth, at which the sales man activated my Fido.

Is not going to be so long waiting for three months to find out? 

Your consideration would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8

We do get that you'd like it to be applied right away Ehsan. However, since it is promotion you received in a store, it would be applied by them and they have their own ways.

Have you contacted them to learn more about it?

Also, was it indicated on your receipt that it would be waived after three months?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Solution

Hi, 

I checked the matter this afternoon with sales persons at the same booth where I got my Fido.

They said the activation fee will be waived in second or third bill! Seems to be kind of credit to my account.

I do appreciate your consideration as to my concern.

Happy to choose Fido over others because of its remarkable support and attention.

Again, thank you all.

Best Regards

Ehsan_shah

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8

We're happy to have you be part of the Fido Family too Ehsan! I am glad to hear your concerns regarding the setup fee were addressed at the store as well. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8