Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Interruption

FidoStephen
Community Manager
Community Manager

UPDATE: 

We have been listening to our customers from across the country who have told us how significant the impacts of the outage were for them. We know that we need to earn back their trust, and as a first step, we have increased the value of the credit. We will be automatically crediting our customers with the equivalent of five days service on their August bill. We will continue to work around the clock to restore Canadians’ confidence in us.

Click here for FAQs

---

We value you as a customer and are committed to keeping you connected. Due to the service outage which occurred on July 8th, you will see a credit on your August bill. Once your August bill is ready, sign into Fido My Account to view your bill and applicable credit.

---

We have now restored services for the vast majority of our customers and our technical teams are working hard to ensure that the remaining customers are back online as quickly as possible. As our services come back online and traffic volumes return to normal, some customers may experience a delay in regaining full service. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the disruption this has caused our customers and we will be proactively crediting all customers. You do not need to contact us for the credit as it will be automatically applied to your account.

---

We are currently experiencing an outage across our wireline and wireless networks and our technical teams are working hard to restore services as quickly as possible.

On behalf of all of us at Fido, we sincerely apologize to our customers, and we will continue to keep you updated as we have more information to share, including when we expect service to be back up. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

47 REPLIES 47

Jacky2017
I'm a Participant Level 1

you said "We know that we need to earn back their trust", but why you fido still treat your customers differently?

someone got $25 compensation for the outrage and others can only get 5 days credits? Didn't we experience the same problem in July? that's weird.

I don't think this can earn back anyone's trust, even worse, will lost more and more customers as we see you fido shows no respect to everyone.

Amibuggy

Just got my bill. I don't see anything! Why is fido saying in the August bill but nothing shows for so many people? How long? September bill? 

jassipawar

I have checked my current Bill, there is nothing about Credit in it..

DeepakAnand

I got the bill today but I don't see any credit for 5 days. Whats is wrong?

FidoUsre
I'm a Participant Level 2

if i shift to a cheaper plan, hope i still get the 5 day credit based on my plan rate at the time the ourage happened? can some body please confirm?

Gaur
I'm a Participant Level 3

How exactly are you working to gain back the trust???? Inflating our bill and then giving back credit. I was in a two year contract for 35$ monthly, i just received my July bill with $ increase in the amount. My number is *** 228 4028. This is crazy customer service. Have spent 2 hours since morning trying to contact a Fido agent. Was able to connect with 6 agents since morning both on phone and live chat - all of them abruptly ended the session in the middle of the conversation - Prashanth from Montreal and Isaac from Toronto and many more.

Fido - the most unethical company ever! Mafia company!

Tobias2021

Haven't seen any credit yet, I'll be honest if it's not there soon I'm done with Fido and Rogers for good.  As much as I dislike the competition this is foolishness.  I'll give it till the the 1st of August and we'll see what happens.

Hey everyone! 

To clarify, the credit for the outage will appear on the bill dated in August.
Depending on when your billing cycle ends, you might receive the August bill in September.

You'll see the bill date at the top of the page, on the PDF invoice. Smiley 

Should you have any questions in regards to your account, don't hesitate to reach out to customer service for assistance! 

Mistake

This is a lie though. I just got my August bill and there is no credit. I called and was told this "automatic" credit is going to take 2-3 billing cycles to be applied, so if I don't get it next month or the month after then I can call back and no one is able to fix it and I will just have to wait. This company is absolutely ridiculous and I should have canceled my plan a long time ago.

Hello Mistake,

Welcome to the community!

Assuming you're referring to the credit for Nationwide outage, as far as I am aware, the credit is meant to appear on your bill dated after August 1st.

On the other hand, if you're referring to other promotional credits, they will usually appear after 2-3 billing cycles.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Jef_K

The outage credit has not appeared on my August bill either. I've tried to call Fido many times, but they no longer have *anyone* answering call, nor is the option for call-backs available.  It hangs up on customers.

Hello Jef_K,

As mentioned, I believe it should be on the bill dated after Aug 1st. Since we are stil in July, it should appear on your next bill.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Leo31

And there we are, weeks after Rogers incompetent outage, once again I'm having internet connectivity issue.  In Sunday it was for the whole afternoon.  Now during business meeting I was cut off because of your unapologetic apologies....  simple incompetent....

earP

The most irritating part of this whole outage is the fact that you're trying to throw cents back at an issue that is clearly far, far larger. 

Not only was my cellphone not connected, but I could not access any of my money all day either as I no longer carry cash due to multiple businesses no longer accepting it after covid. Well, didn't that make for a fun drive home from work - tried to get gas on the way home, where I discovered that none of my cards were working due to the service interruption. Had no cash. Ran out of gas on the highway, had no way of calling for a tow truck due to no service. No worries, I'll call 911 and ask to be patched to the non-emerg line and see if they can help - oh wait, even 911 isn't working. So now I - a small female, ALONE - am stuck on the side of a busy highway with tons of tourists and transient folks with no gas, no money and no way of calling for help. 

And y'all think a 5-day credit will smooth this over? With my plan cost, that's roughly $5.75. 

I've been a Rogers customer since 2007, only switching to Fido within the past few years as the plan offerings were better. Even when I moved to an area where you had no service coverage I kept my line open and simply had a second cellphone to get service where you didn't reach. 

DO BETTER.

fardadchad

I have 2 phone lines and internet service with fido

As I called your customer service and explained; Although it was one day but I missed out on so much since it happened the last business day of week with no earlier notice and Fido/Rogers if they re updating  they should let their users know at least 1 week in advance!

I received my August bill for my two phone lines and I Do not see the 5 days worth of rebate taken place as promised 

Also my internet account with fido that got disrupted, I expect to see 5 days worth of discount as well

SW75

No! Your corporation isn't listening, is obviously completely out of touch with your customer base! I have been a customer for over 21 years, this us the 2nd huge blackout and I wasn't oy out on Friday (which included not being able to receive work calls, forwarded to my cell!), I was also out for part of Saturday, which conveniently you're pretending now didn't happen to many if us!!! I find out after 2 emails and FIDO messages, all exactly the same, with no actual renumeration information, I find out I am getting a mean $23, for a refund. Keeping in mind I have two phones on my account and 21 years of my hard earned money $23! Is this a joke?! Apparently you donwant to keep your customers for 21 years, well as soon as my contract is up I'm done, your customer retention policy sucks as do your corporate ideals!

Van0uchie

I am not happy because Fido has ounce more interrupted my services again today! I seriously need to switch provider. Rogers is really unreliable!

Amb21
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Thank you Fido (Rogers) executives for laughing at your customers.

One of my 4 lines with Fido is used for the small business I work very hard to run myself. Do you honestly think that 5 days worth of service comes close to the compensating for the several hundreds I lost?

Let me drop this here to highlight the lack of care for customer's losses. These are NET amounts. 

Screenshot_20220713-192822.png

Wonder how much these decision makers salaries plus bonuses amount to at the end of the year.

This is 100% Rogers/Fido's fault. Stop laughing at us. 

CJH315

How can you guarantee this doesn't happen again when this is already the second country wide outage? How can you make these promises when you've already broken them? 

Hollyjeans
  • Many thanks for reaching out. I am 71 years old and have pulmonary fibrosis. I am in on oxygen all the time. My cell phone is very important for my safety. I will be making sure I will be continuing with another phone company so that I am not left in such a predicament. I was hoping to stop this service but cannot be left without a phone. How can you give a guarantee? This happens and why monopolies are not good. I was happy with Fido before you bought them up. Thank you for listening. Dr. Holly Smith