Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Interruption

FidoStephen
Community Manager
Community Manager

UPDATE: 

We have been listening to our customers from across the country who have told us how significant the impacts of the outage were for them. We know that we need to earn back their trust, and as a first step, we have increased the value of the credit. We will be automatically crediting our customers with the equivalent of five days service on their August bill. We will continue to work around the clock to restore Canadians’ confidence in us.

Click here for FAQs

---

We value you as a customer and are committed to keeping you connected. Due to the service outage which occurred on July 8th, you will see a credit on your August bill. Once your August bill is ready, sign into Fido My Account to view your bill and applicable credit.

---

We have now restored services for the vast majority of our customers and our technical teams are working hard to ensure that the remaining customers are back online as quickly as possible. As our services come back online and traffic volumes return to normal, some customers may experience a delay in regaining full service. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the disruption this has caused our customers and we will be proactively crediting all customers. You do not need to contact us for the credit as it will be automatically applied to your account.

---

We are currently experiencing an outage across our wireline and wireless networks and our technical teams are working hard to restore services as quickly as possible.

On behalf of all of us at Fido, we sincerely apologize to our customers, and we will continue to keep you updated as we have more information to share, including when we expect service to be back up. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

61 REPLIES 61

ZeePee
I'm a Contributor Level 2
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Hey Valerie,

I have replied that that reply. Please feel free to have a look.

Thanks,

Zia

You didn't get your August Bill, you got your July Bill on August, you will get your August Bill on September, you cannot get a bill for a service of a month that is still running

Hello Mistake,

Welcome to the community!

Assuming you're referring to the credit for Nationwide outage, as far as I am aware, the credit is meant to appear on your bill dated after August 1st.

On the other hand, if you're referring to other promotional credits, they will usually appear after 2-3 billing cycles.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Jef_K
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

The outage credit has not appeared on my August bill either. I've tried to call Fido many times, but they no longer have *anyone* answering call, nor is the option for call-backs available.  It hangs up on customers.

Hello Jef_K,

As mentioned, I believe it should be on the bill dated after Aug 1st. Since we are stil in July, it should appear on your next bill.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Leo31
I'm a Participant Level 1

And there we are, weeks after Rogers incompetent outage, once again I'm having internet connectivity issue.  In Sunday it was for the whole afternoon.  Now during business meeting I was cut off because of your unapologetic apologies....  simple incompetent....

earP

The most irritating part of this whole outage is the fact that you're trying to throw cents back at an issue that is clearly far, far larger. 

Not only was my cellphone not connected, but I could not access any of my money all day either as I no longer carry cash due to multiple businesses no longer accepting it after covid. Well, didn't that make for a fun drive home from work - tried to get gas on the way home, where I discovered that none of my cards were working due to the service interruption. Had no cash. Ran out of gas on the highway, had no way of calling for a tow truck due to no service. No worries, I'll call 911 and ask to be patched to the non-emerg line and see if they can help - oh wait, even 911 isn't working. So now I - a small female, ALONE - am stuck on the side of a busy highway with tons of tourists and transient folks with no gas, no money and no way of calling for help. 

And y'all think a 5-day credit will smooth this over? With my plan cost, that's roughly $5.75. 

I've been a Rogers customer since 2007, only switching to Fido within the past few years as the plan offerings were better. Even when I moved to an area where you had no service coverage I kept my line open and simply had a second cellphone to get service where you didn't reach. 

DO BETTER.

FollowThePolo
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Yikes!!! Now this is a real reason to be pissed angry, may I ask you how did you ended up solving this problem? 

I am a grown man and honestly I think I would have just lay down on the top of my car and cry with the sun boiling my blood inside my veins....I bet you did something better than that... 

Fido seriously needs to think about cases of distress like this one and do better than this lame credit

fardadchad

I have 2 phone lines and internet service with fido

As I called your customer service and explained; Although it was one day but I missed out on so much since it happened the last business day of week with no earlier notice and Fido/Rogers if they re updating  they should let their users know at least 1 week in advance!

I received my August bill for my two phone lines and I Do not see the 5 days worth of rebate taken place as promised 

Also my internet account with fido that got disrupted, I expect to see 5 days worth of discount as well

SW75
I'm a Participant Level 2

No! Your corporation isn't listening, is obviously completely out of touch with your customer base! I have been a customer for over 21 years, this us the 2nd huge blackout and I wasn't oy out on Friday (which included not being able to receive work calls, forwarded to my cell!), I was also out for part of Saturday, which conveniently you're pretending now didn't happen to many if us!!! I find out after 2 emails and FIDO messages, all exactly the same, with no actual renumeration information, I find out I am getting a mean $23, for a refund. Keeping in mind I have two phones on my account and 21 years of my hard earned money $23! Is this a joke?! Apparently you donwant to keep your customers for 21 years, well as soon as my contract is up I'm done, your customer retention policy sucks as do your corporate ideals!

Van0uchie

I am not happy because Fido has ounce more interrupted my services again today! I seriously need to switch provider. Rogers is really unreliable!

Amb21
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Thank you Fido (Rogers) executives for laughing at your customers.

One of my 4 lines with Fido is used for the small business I work very hard to run myself. Do you honestly think that 5 days worth of service comes close to the compensating for the several hundreds I lost?

Let me drop this here to highlight the lack of care for customer's losses. These are NET amounts. 

Screenshot_20220713-192822.png

Wonder how much these decision makers salaries plus bonuses amount to at the end of the year.

This is 100% Rogers/Fido's fault. Stop laughing at us. 

CJH315

How can you guarantee this doesn't happen again when this is already the second country wide outage? How can you make these promises when you've already broken them? 

Hollyjeans
  • Many thanks for reaching out. I am 71 years old and have pulmonary fibrosis. I am in on oxygen all the time. My cell phone is very important for my safety. I will be making sure I will be continuing with another phone company so that I am not left in such a predicament. I was hoping to stop this service but cannot be left without a phone. How can you give a guarantee? This happens and why monopolies are not good. I was happy with Fido before you bought them up. Thank you for listening. Dr. Holly Smith

Mizzterious62

I have 3 phones on my account. Will I get credit for each phone,as they all were unable to use their phones? Or will it just be 1 credit? 

khouya
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi @Mizzterious62 

For all phones on your account Smiley

Have a nice one Smiley

SW75

Yeah but it breaks down to a miniscule amount, can't screw FIDO's bottom line, regardless of how you screwd your customers!

Stanos

I have received my Aug bill but no credit there 

Preety1

Hi Stephen, I have been trying to understand how Fido is going to help me to incur loss equivalent of 200 CAD ? Everytime I connect with agent they tell me the same thing which I can easily read out loud on the websites - you will get credit of 5 days of service. My question is how can I let Fido know that I want my concern of high loss to be resolved and reimbursed accordingly ? There should be an streamlined process for reimbursements as everyone loss is different and they might have genuine reasons to be heard by correct point of contact. Please let me know how to proceed with reasonable reimbursement of the losses incurred due to outage on July 8th

EvilWalrus
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hello,

If Roger's network was down Canada wide, how were they able to post updates? 

KennethW

Besides a credit on our August bill for what I'm going to assume is a measly couple bucks what are you going to do about businesses who lost $1000+ in revenue on a Friday night alone.  Just getting back on our feet after Covid this is not something we can easily recover from.  Our business line is on a Fido mobile phone and the only way our customers can reach us as we run a designated driver company.  Our personal lines are on the same contract and how we are contacted when the dispatcher has a trip for us to take.