cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam calls. Is Fido has no protection on the data??

Irinac
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hello Fido.

Today I have been called three times from the numbers as follow: 

+248 9999 68,

+248 9999 25,

+248 9999 37. 

Caller ID shows name "Seychelles". I checked those number online and on website WhoCallsMe.com they are posted by many people today. I accidently answer one call, never called back to, and blocked all three numbers.

My question is there are a lot of people affected by this scam today, hoppefully most people understood that it's a type of scam. but anyway, most affected numbers are registered with Fido or Rogers (which is the same company basically). You have all users' data, and you must protect this data. Then how it happened than in one day so many people were called from the same numbers?? Don't tell me that the scammers use computer generated numbers, because most of the affected people were from Toronto Area. I've been living in Alberta for two years. but kept my Ontario number, so basically my information is registered in Ontario. 

I do need real answers!!!! What kind of steps are you going to make to protect my personal information?? 

Probably about two weeks ago I received another call from +1 (867) 992-0248, it was recorded message from CRA (which I'm fully aware is a scam) with a treat to arrest me if I won't call them immidiatly. I blocked this number too. 

Anyway, to block numbers it's not a solution to this, data protection is. And it feels that all personal information is leaking from Fido to the hands of scamers.

I do request to contact me and explain what is going on not in general term but with a technical solution!!!

42 REPLIES 42