cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saying my Farewell to Fido for now.

samgabbay
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

After a bad experience with the phone i received on contract and being told i would have to pay for repair, i have to say my goodbyes to fido.

This all started after receiving a defective pixel 3 xl, a week in i asked fido if the battery issue was normal over the phone, according to the rep, all is a-ok.

Few weeks forward, i pop into a fido store and as we are testing my device, we clearly see the battery life dwindling.

After being told by a rep that i had to pay for the repair, i was furious, Google did replace my device, but that sure gave me the go to leave fido instead of providing me feasable alternatives.

I have at this point paid off the entirety of my contract and i will be leaving from here and on.

Thank you fido, i really wish this could of gone better. ConfusedCrying

5 REPLIES 5

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @samgabbay

Thanks for posting about this!

Very sad to hear about your experience, that's not what we want for our customers and we definitely don't want to see you go Sad

Can you tell us a little more about what happened? Why did you have to pay for the repair? You have a one year manufacturer warranty that should cover any repairs as long as there's no physical or water damage. We'd love more details to understand exactly what happened. 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look! 

Talk to you soon. 

samgabbay
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Hey There @FidoRanya 

I hope you are well.

I do not know if the rep at the store may of been clueless or whatnot, but he told me id have to deal with it.

Google was shocked that i was told that but they did the replacement anyhow. I decided not to keep the phone as it did not serve my battery needs and have asked fido but at the time, i had to still pay the balance despite it being defective.

Il be replying to your PM in a moment which i have not gotten yet Smiley
Cheers

Thanks! We'll continue this in PM! 

samgabbay
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Fido, Finally one of the greatest retention representatives to ever take my call.

After an initial call and to go and  pickup a sim, i then was put through a rep who then pushed me to his supervisor, a true champ.

Was able to make it right and bring it to a customer. They made it right to me, paid nothing for the sim, was hooked on a great offer, i cannot say anything more.

On top of that, people on the Fido Community have been the most helpful, a big thanks to @FidoRanya @FidoPierre @FidoKenny and @FidoThomas .

Cheers and thank you to al. 

Hey @samgabbay

Thanks for sharing the resolution with the Community. 

Happy to read that everything turned out well Smiley