cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS delivery reports

ejazem
I'm a participant level 2

I just got my Fido number today. I switched from Metro Pcs (US number). I noticed that i don't get any delivery reports when i send messages. I have the HTC 10 and i used to get delivery reports for every SMS i send. now with Fido, i don't 

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ejazem,

Welcome to the community!

Are you sending messages to the same numbers you did with Metro? Personal experience suggests it has more to do with the receiving provider not sending the reply.

As far as I am aware, neither Telus nor Bell supply the delivery reports (DR). At least I've never received a DR after texting to one of those numbers. In addition, I have also read that their customers do not receive DRs either.

I am able to receive the DRs after texting numbers on the Rogers network (ie Rogers, Fido, SpeakOut, etc). I did switch off that feature because I do find it rather annoying. However, I just tested it again and I did receive those DRs.

Were the numbers you texting from Bell or Telus?

It's also possible they are trying to move away from DRs. With the popularity of rich communication services (RCS), the traditional DR might become obsolete.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

ejazem

hey @Cawtau@FidoNick

thank you for your responses, 

yes i tried to text the same numbers still won’t get a delivery reports. the numbers are from Bell, Freedom, rogers, and Virgin. also some US numbers. 

i checked all the settings on my phone, everything looks good to me. i even switched the sim cards between both phones ( both are HTC), the phone that has the MetroPCs will give DR, Fido won’t. and i have sent messages to almost all carriers 

interesting thing, i only get DR when i send myself a text. 

Hey @ejazem

I would like to take a closer look into this with you. I'll send you a PM so we can check it out. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ejazem!

Did you figure things out? Let us know if @Cawtau's reply helped out Smiley