cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ Price and incentives

Meaxa1
I'm a participant level 2

I am disappointed in your incentives for the new S10+. I preordered it and was going to trade in my S9+ and Fido was only offering $300?! I refused this deal and left the phone in store. Samsung offered $350 for the phone and an additional $200. Bestbuy also had an amazing deal which I missed out on as I didn't preorder with them. $300 for the phone and $400 gift card. As a loyal Fido customer, I got screwed by preordering through you. Step up your game Fido, I doubt I will ever preorder through you again.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoPhilP
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Meaxa1

First of all, welcome to the community!

I can definitely understand your disappointment there, looking around and seeing deals that beat the one that you just took is definitely never a good feeling. Our offers and promotions are always subject to change, we aim to always better them. We provide price plans with subsidies to lower the upfront price of devices to make them more affordable and accessible. You can also combine that with any ongoing or targetted promotion for even more added value. However, that also means that device manufacturers will generally have lower cost structures and will therefore be able to sell their devices outright at a lower price to consumers.

If you are not satisfied, you can definitely use the satisfaction warranty. Since the device has been released only a few days ago, you are still in the 15 days eligible for this. 

If you require more information, I would definitely encourage to get in touch with us in private! Just ask, and we'll send a PM your way to continue this.

Also @patrickchan, you can definitely avoid that $35 transaction fee by processing your upgrade on Fido.ca!

Meaxa1

@FidoPhilP Did you even read my post in it's entirety?  I clearly said I refused the deal and left the phone in the store. What a lackadaisical response! I also mentioned BestBuy's deal... who is not the manufacturer. I am glad you noted your subsidies only lower upfront costs as the overall cost is even more again. All I am saying is Fido needs to be more competitive as I blindly expected you to have similar deals or at least price match for a, what 15 year?, loyal customer.

Zxaz
I'm a contributor level 3
I'm a contributor level 3

Meaxa1......be aware that since if you gonna buy your phone from samsung..... fido/roger gonna block you from using volte and wi-fi calling.....they will not just care about the fact you will spend $$1500.00 for the phone.....i make this mistake last years with my s9+ if you buy from samsung and want these feature? You gonna have to dump fido/rogers.....only fido/roger make this kind of stupidity by the way.....

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

i purchased by s9+ 2018, from samsung store in edmonton, no problems with wifi calling or VoLte . all i had to get is new sim card at fido store. reset apn settings.

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

I did same as u last year. Samsung store u can also avoid the upgrade fee of 35 cad. very cheese fee