cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working in US!

Jo50
I'm a participant level 2

Why is roaming not working while I'm in the US?? I have restarted my phone multiple times.  I have a plan that allows for it.  I'm in a location with a strong signal from a local SP.  Why is my phone not going into roaming mode?? Extremely frustrating!  I have a Samsung  A5

5 REPLIES 5

FidoKenny

Hello @Jo50 Thank you for all the information.

Did you have a chance to restart your phone to see if you get the same result?

Also, are you getting any type of error message when you try to use your phone?

Let us know.

Jo50

I was able to do a chat session with an agent and they fixed the issue.  It had nothing to do with my phone. Thanks.

FidoDolby
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jo50

Glad that you were able to find a resolution! Feel free to contact us if there's anything else. 

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jo50

That's certainly not the experience we want you to have with Fido Roam and we realize how incredibly frustrating this must be.

Could you answer a few questions for us to have a better understanding of your situation:

-Are you able to get signal? Is all your services affected or only one in particular? 

-In the settings of your phone, do you have network connection set to automatic or manual? Could you change it to manual? 

-Do you see other provider's network? Have you tried different providers to see if you can roam afterwards? 

Please keep the Community posted.

Jo50

There is a strong signal where I'm at.  5 bars. 

All services are affected.  I cannot call, text, or connect for data (except on a wifi spot).

Network connection is set to automatic and it wont allow me to change it.  

I see AT&T and TMobile as providers.  But my phone says my SIM card does not allow a connection to them.