cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Data Top ups

davidbarrero82
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I've been endlessly trying to remove the data top ups from my plan again and again just to see that they're still there. It's completely frustrating. Just added these top ups  thinking I was adding just 100 mb for a single month but few weeks ago I realized I was beeing charged every single month for them. It's impossible to remove these top ups from my profile online wich makes no sense. Removed them texting to 222 but they still show here. Any help please,,,?

20 REPLIES 20

Danessa
I'm a participant level 1

Hi please remove data thank vanessa 

Hey @Danessa

You can remove the monthly data add-ons through our self-serve options below:

Fido.ca

1. Sign in to My Account on fido.ca.
  2. From your usage dashboard, select VIEW DETAILS.
  3. Select the monthly data add-on that you would like to cancel and click CANCEL.
  4. Click CONFIRM to confirm the data cancellation request.

My Account App

1. Open the My Account app on your device. If you’re connected to Wi-Fi, you’ll need to sign into the app.
  2. Tap VIEW DETAILS.
  3. Select the CANCEL link for the Monthly Data Add-on that you’d like to remove.
  4. Tap CANCEL to confirm cancellation of the data add-on.

iSMS

1. Text CANCEL to 222. You’ll receive a reply with the active Monthly Data Add-ons and instructions on how to cancel the data add-on of your choice.
  2. Follow the prompts to cancel the data add-on. You’ll receive a confirmation email for this transaction.

***You’ll have access to the remaining data from the cancelled add-on until the end of your current billing cycle.

Hope this helps!

aeteixe

This is not right! You Fido just made more complicated to cancel the top up data to charge us an additional cycle. This is not acceptable for any serious company. 

kid6

Hi, I cannot remove a data top-up. I tried txting 222 with the word CANCEL, but the auto-reply I get says "HI it's FIDO: Sorry we could not complete your request. To add data to your plan now, please text the keyword "DATA" to 222." There is nowhere on the website "My Account" that allows me to cancel the service. Why not?! I guess you just want us to keep paying, without giving the clear ability to cancel services anytime.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @kid6!

The service should work, can you let us know if you have a new plan that includes Data Overage Protection

If you do, then additional data added is not recurring, it gets removed automatically at the end of each cycle.

If you don't have that type of plan, and have a recurring top-up, then please contact us so we can look into it. 

winfather

Hey! FIDO 

Something should be done on this service. People are paying extra money unknowingly, just because of your settings.  

Why not a subscription be like, one should sign everytime s/he need to and not just a one time subscription?

I have to pay for something, I didn't want. I really feel bad for that. 

aeteixe

If Fido is serious you would acham-se this service from automatically renewing. Note the damage you are doing to your brand guys for a couple of pennies for you!!!!

Hey @aeteixe ,

Welcome to the Community! There seems to be a bit of confusion.

Yes, it is possible for you to remove the recurring additional data added directly from your phone by texting "CANCEL" to the number 222. If anything, you can definitely contact us.

Also, as @FidoNick said, if you do have a plan with Data Overage protection then the data added is not recurring and will be removed automatically at the end of the cycle.

Hope this helps!

Hey @winfather, thanks for the feedback!

We're always looking to improve for our customers, so we appreciate all the feedback we can get Smiley

Based on past feedback, we've actually changed the way top-ups work for all our new plans. Our new plans pause data once you reach what's included in your plan and you have the option to buy more data. The data bought applies only for the current cycle.

The older plans still undergo the old rules if a top-up is added though - it will remain until you text CANCEL to 222 to remove it.

That said, you can check out the new plans that offer Data Overage Protection here. You can then change plan via your Fido.ca account Smiley

Hope that info helps clears things up!

foley

I completely agree with  @winfather in their complaint. I too thought the add on was a one time thing and didn't realise I was continually charged every month. I used 0% of this every month as I was at home in ireland looking after a sick family member. Unfortunately even though I've been a customer for a long time I'm getting no where with customer service so my next move will be to leave Fido and go with another company that take care of their customers.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @foley ,

Thanks for your feedback. 

We'd hate to see you go over this. We notify you that the top-up is a recurring option by SMS when you add it. We also provide instructions in the SMS as to how to remove the top up.

Note that this information can also be found on our website and in the Fido App if that's how you added the top-up. 

Did you take a look at the confirmation SMS you received when the option was added? 

Let us know! 

barkovsky

222 CANCEL TOPUPS

Hey @barkovsky!

Welcome to the Community!

If you would like to remove a Data Top Up send the word CANCEL by text message to the number 222.

Are you having difficulty removing your Data Top Up?

Auxtin

I added some add on to my data but forgot to cancel them, and today they were all added to my data, is it possible to request it been removed so I can have my normal data left ?

Hey @Auxtin Smiley I moved your post here since it's about the same topic.

You can check the resolution on this thread to remove your data top-up.

Hope this helps.

FidoThomas
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @davidbarrero82!

Thanks for sharing your situation with us Smiley You're at the right place for help!

Have you texted the word "CANCEL" to 222? If so, have you received the confirmation that the top-ups would be removed on your next billing cycle? 

davidbarrero82

Hello Thomas,

thanks for your reply. I did that indeed 2 weeks ago. Texted Cancel 3 times in fact, one per each data top up that i had in my plan. Now when i text Cancel The message says that I don´t have any top up in my plan, but when checking my online profile they still show there. I really don´t want to pay for these anymore and removing them should be way easier. Just want to make sure I won´t have to pay them by the end of this month. 

Thia73
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Same thing happen to me.  I text 222 cancel to cancel my add on   finally got text saying no current active add on on account. But app n browser shows it still on  but I assumed they did not update right away    get my bill  3 add on stikk active xxx.  

Hey @Thia73! Welcome to the community. Smiley

We'll have to check you account to confirm that. You can contact us to do this here or we can send you a PM via the community.

Let us know what happens in any event.

Hey there @davidbarrero82! Smiley

If you have texted "CANCEL" to 222, it will be cancelled, however, it is dated to be cancelled on the date of your next billing cycle in order to not change your data allowance mid-cycle.

You'll only be charged for them one last time on your next bill as that covers the current cycle. Rest assured it is cancelled properly if our system is telling you don't have any top-up through the text messaging system.

If you want to make entirely sure, we could check in your account specifically as well, in that case simply ask and we'll take this to private messaging to deal with that! Smiley