Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund --> Reversal: Returned Payment Charge

bharat129
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Team,

My plan was cancelled on 01-Jan-2019 and final bill was generated on Jan-29.
The customer rep told me not to pay any bill which got generated on Dec-29. But Fido deducted 25$ 3 times (total 75$) as below from my credit card which was having some issue to deduct the money.

Reversal: Returned Payment Charge
Jan 17
Jan 24
Jan 24

Please reverse all these charges as your customer rep told me not to pay any amount till final bill gets generated.

Regards,
Bharat

3 REPLIES 3

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @bharat129,

Welcome to the Community!

I understand your confusion as you were advised to wait for the final invoice before making a payment.

However, the $25 administration fee is charged when registered to pre-authorized payments and we try to process a payment which is refused for different reasons by the Financial Institution. If there are insufficient funds on the first withdrawal attempt, 1 more attempt will be made 7 days later and an administration fee is charged after the second failed attempt.

I'll send you a PM to have a closer look at your account.

Talk soon!

JayKayAay

Hi there! I read this comment and also read on Fido's website today that what you said is still current. However, the payment was returned (for reasons unknown) and then charged again the day after, not 7 days later. Moreover, I was charged the fee even though the payment went through the next day. I contacted Fido and was given a 'one time exception' and received a credit. However, I don't want this to happen again and from what you said/what the website says, I shouldn't have been charged the fee to begin with. I'd like to set some precedence in case this happens again. 

Thank you!

Hey @JayKayAay! We'd love to clear some things up Smiley

First off, do you have pre-authorised payments via a credit card, or your chequing account? The scenarios are a little different for each.

For MACC (Monthly Automatic Credit Card) :

• The amount due is automatically withdrawn from the credit card.
  • Retry Schedule for Declined MACC Payments:
    • 1st Retry: 7 days after initial extract
    • 2nd Retry: 7 days after 1st retry
    • 3rd Retry: 7 days after 2nd retry
  • If the payment declines on the 3rd retry, we charge a $25 administrative fee. (not applicable for Quebec customers)

For PAC (Pre Authorised Chequing:

• The amount due is automatically debited from the bank account.
  • For declined payments, the 1st retry attempt is 7 days after the initial withdrawal date.
  • If the first attempt for the payment was backed-out manually by the bank with a delay, the 7-day retry schedule wouldn’t happen.
  • If the payment declines on the 1st retry, we charge a $25 administrative fee. (Not applicable for Quebec customers)

For each scenario, the time where the $25 fee is charged can vary. There are also some exceptions where the $25 fee may be charged after just one failed attempt. These are all unique and we'll need to check your account in order to provide the information. If ever this happens again, please contact us so that we can look into it.