cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refilling Prepaid via Registered Credit Card - System Down?

Paul_in_Ottawa
I'm a participant level 2

I have a  prepaid account for my daughter. I typically refill it by a registered credit card on the web interface. For the past few days it gives me an error when I submit the payment request. I know I can refill it by phoning in (or by purchasing a voucher at a store presumably) but it is a lot more convenient and faster to do it online. My question is, is the web-based credit card refill system down at the moment and is this a known issue? If it is, is there an expected ETA for getting it fixed? I know my credit card is fine as I have used it since I started getting the errors. If it is only an issue with my account then I suppose I need to phone in, but it has suddenly stopped working at random, and my card is fine as I said above.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Paul_in_Ottawa

I just want to double-check, are these the steps you're trying to refill your Prepaid account? 

1- Log in My Account.
2- From the Overview section, click Refill Now.
3- Click One-Time Refill.

You mentioned you typically use this same payment method, can you clarify when did it stop working? 

Can you try deleting the cookies and cleaning the cache of your browser and then try again? You can check out the steps to do this here

Let us know if it goes through! Smiley 

Paul_in_Ottawa

Hi @FidoPierre 

I did try your suggestions and received the same error. I needed to get it refilled, so I phoned in to support and found out that the error was that you're only allowed to refill a prepaid account by credit card a maximum of 5 times per month.  This limitation wasn't publicized very well, but now I know. The agent was able to charge my card, and changed my daughter's prepaid plan to an unlimited texting one, so should be good to go now. Thanks for your help.