Prepaid refill options abroad

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi, I changed to the prepaid line and the customer service told me I have to buy a 10 dollar prepaid card to store 10 dollars in my account, but now I am in China, can I buy a 10 dollar prepaid card online or just use my credit card to pay 10 dollars?

Accepted Solution

Re: Prepaid refill options abroad

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRachel

Hey @Nathan5,

A refill can be done directly from your account using Interac® Online or a credit card.

If you wish to refill using Interac® Online, you must have an account with one of the following:  Scotia Bank, RBC, TD or BMO. 

If you prefer using your credit card, you'll have to register it to the account before doing the refill. Here's what you need to know about the registration:

• The name and address of your prepaid account must match the information registered with your credit card’s financial institution.
  • You must be the primary cardholder.
  • The credit card must be issued by a Canadian financial institution. Prepaid Visa, Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard, international and third party credit cards are not accepted. 

More details on to refill your account is available here.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Former Moderator

Hey @Nathan5,

A refill can be done directly from your account using Interac® Online or a credit card.

If you wish to refill using Interac® Online, you must have an account with one of the following:  Scotia Bank, RBC, TD or BMO. 

If you prefer using your credit card, you'll have to register it to the account before doing the refill. Here's what you need to know about the registration:

• The name and address of your prepaid account must match the information registered with your credit card’s financial institution.
  • You must be the primary cardholder.
  • The credit card must be issued by a Canadian financial institution. Prepaid Visa, Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard, international and third party credit cards are not accepted. 

More details on to refill your account is available here.