cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid incoming usage

magleoclarence
I'm a participant level 1

Im on a prepaid plan 10 dollars 50 text and 50mins call..fido is deducting from my plan incoming calls and text also..what i understand when i change from postpaid to prepaid is that i can save more..since i leastly do outgoing texts and calls.. but i was surprise that I nearly consume the plan in just days because incoming calls and text are being charge too..but it seems to me now that this prepaid plans are more costly..

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @magleoclarence

Welcome to the community🙂

With the 10.75$ plan, you get : 

• Talk: 50 local anytime minutes
  • Text: 50 outgoing texts to Canadian, US or international cell phone numbers. 

That said incoming texts are unlimited and are not deducted from the 50 text allowed. 

For more details about the rates, check out the prepaid plans here.

Hope it clarifies!

grandline

How about the incoming calls? Is it unlimited or charged?

Hello Grandline,

Welcome to the community!

All calls, including incoming calls, are considered Airtime. Whether and how they are charged depends on the Prepaid plan. Some plans include an allotted amount of minutes while others do not. Incoming calls would also count against any allotted minutes or charged as specified. If the plan includes unlimited Talk, then incoming calls would also be unlimited.

**edit** You should also note that some plans are local calling only (Canada long-distance would be an additional charge) and other plans are Canada-wide calling (Canada long-distance included). If you have a local calling plan, you could be charged LD if you are outside of your local calling areas (LCA).

Your incoming LCA is based on the geographical location that is associated with your number. It has nothing to do with your own physical location at the time you receive a call. On the other hand, your outgoing LCA is determined entirely by your physical location at the time of a call, and has no ties to any specific geographical location, other than the one in which you’re standing.

Receiving calls while outside of of your incoming LCA is considered LD. Making calls while roaming can either be local or LD, depending on whether the call destinations are within or outside of of your outgoing LCA.**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers