cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid $10 call out of balance

allisonchanykei
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I'm on the $10 monthly prepaid plan which includes 50 min of talk and 50 outgoing texts. I tried to make a call today for the first time since I activated my plan, but I was told that my balance has run out and I cannot place a call until my account has refilled. That makes no sense to me considering that I already paid $10 for the phone plan. Please help.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Allisonchanykei,

Welcome to the community!

When did you activate the plan? As far as I am aware, that plan is no longer offered so you would have had that plan for a while now. Are you aware that the fee is monthly and any unused minutes or messages do not roll-over to the next month? Are you regularly topping up your account to pay for the fee?

Are you aware that the $10 per month is actually $10.75 (at least in Ontario)? The 75¢ 9-1-1 Emergency Access Fee (some Provinces might charge additional 9-1-1 government fees) is additional (see Full Details, here). If your account does not have sufficient funds to pay for the full monthly fee, a 30¢/text rate and a 50¢/picture and video text rate apply to each text sent to Canadian wireless numbers (30¢ and 75¢ to US wireless numbers, and 35¢ and 75¢ to international wireless numbers, respectively). 

If you've been regularly topping up your account with $10 per month, that amount by itself, would not cover the monthly costs. You would need to have additional funds in your account to accommodate the Emergency Access Fee.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers