Port in to Fido from Koodo

I'm a Participant Level 1 AnasCheema
I'm a Participant Level 1

Port in to Fido from Koodo

I switched to fido today from koodo and was told I can still use my old koodo number .. But he said I will get a temporary new number which after 5 minutes will switch to  my old koodo number ..

Its been 6 hours and it hasn't switched. No one is able to reach me. I need it immediately. I am an international student here. My parents back home probably think I am dead or something . Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Port in to Fido from Koodo

Hey @AnasCheema

Welcome to the Community and to Fido! 🙂

The port in of a phone number from another provider does have some delays. Keep in mind that while the port-in is in progress you can continue to use your old number with the old provider or the temporary Fido number. For the delays, they are:

Wireless to wireless: it usually takes about 2.5 hours to complete a port in, but it could take up to a week.

Landline to wireless: usually takes about 2 days to complete the port in, but again, could take up to a week.

We'll be happy to verify your account to make sure everything is going smoothly though Smiley 

You can reach out here or we can send you a PM here directly. 

Let us know what suits you best! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Solution

Hey @AnasCheema

Welcome to the Community and to Fido! 🙂

The port in of a phone number from another provider does have some delays. Keep in mind that while the port-in is in progress you can continue to use your old number with the old provider or the temporary Fido number. For the delays, they are:

Wireless to wireless: it usually takes about 2.5 hours to complete a port in, but it could take up to a week.

Landline to wireless: usually takes about 2 days to complete the port in, but again, could take up to a week.

We'll be happy to verify your account to make sure everything is going smoothly though Smiley 

You can reach out here or we can send you a PM here directly. 

Let us know what suits you best! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 1 Rolakjana72512
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello. I have recently activated my new Fido Acct. I was told to contact u once I have my phone to port in my phone number I used to have with Telus . Now I have phone number starting 438 as that was reserved for me by Fiso . I wanna keep my old number I had with Telus as my Fido number which is XXX-XXX-XXXX. WgT to do

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4

Hey @Rolakjana72512, welcome to Fido! Very Happy

I moved your post here as this thread also deals with port-ins and the process behind them. For info on the delays of a port in, check out the solution above!

In order to submit a port-in, we have to do that for you. We will send a request for your number to be transferred from Telus and replace the 438 number you were given.

To have that done, please contact us or if you prefer a PM here on the Community let us know and we’ll send you one Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4