cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan price in QC vs ON

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hello there is no tag about plans so I will post this here!

There are so many Plan promotions in QC I know Fido originates from QC but really specially that you are now with Rogers there should be equivalent promotion at least in Ottawa or Ontario East. 

Fido as the greatest of them all look into that for 613.  Continue to innovate even more being enabled by partnership of Rogers.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Scooby-Doo!

Our plans can vary by province and many factors can influence pricing between provinces. Not all provinces have the same market, economy, population, etc. and all of these factors play a role in cost.

That said, we do our absolute best to remain as competitive as we can all across Canada and we appreciate the feedback! Smiley

randaya
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

2019 population of Ontario is estimated 15million, Quebec provincial population estimated 9million...shouldn't  more more population = buying power = lower price....but seems backwards.  Quebec has lower prices than Ontario.

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hello everyone:

Yes Ontario is bigger market. I should point out that I did not properly specify for the title to included the minor in that was the question specifically about the 613 simply because in my area we use the towers of Quebec  Although my physical address location is Ontario I'm eastern.O.

It would be Rogers in Ontario at large  but then again it does not have the perks, the 5 hours data free and mostly the under-dog spirit and scarismatic tech and service of Fido.

cheers!

Hello Randaya,

While other factors might also play a role in cost determination in the different Provinces, I think the major factor would be the additional provider contributing to competition. In addition to the nationwide providers, Québec also has Vidéotron, which primarily serves Québec and some regions in New Brunswick and Eastern Ontario.

There are similar Provincial differences in Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hello @FidoNick 😃

thank you!

It'd be interesting to see the granular used approach indeed.

Have a nice evening!