cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Plan Canceled by Fraud Department

GR6
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I'm a Fido customer and just purchased a new phone online which should ship in 5 days. All of sudden, I see that my current phone is showing that it's SIM card is unregistered. I chat with an agent online who tells me the fraud department canceled my phone plan and I need to call them...with an unregistered SIM? How? They tell me to go to a pay phone. I manage to call them and it goes straight to voicemail because the one person who works in that department works 8am-2pm and it was 3pm and I'm supposed to leave a phone number so she can call me back...with an unregistered SIM? Once again, how???? What kind of company has only one person in their fraud department who can cancel my phone without even checking with me first? I'm told I need to keep calling until someone picks up since I don't have another phone number that they can call me at. What kind of customer service is this???

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @GR6

Welcome to the community Smiley

We do have security measures in place to ensure that your account is protected when completing transactions with financial impacts. That being said, this is not the kind of experience we wish to offer, and we'd be happy to take a closer look at your account together.

Keep an eye on your inbox, we'll be sending you a PM shortly.