cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

tgutta
I'm a participant level 2

I have been overcharged an amount of $56 last month and I still haven't received my refund. When can I expect it or is there something I have to do on my part?

5 REPLIES 5

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @tgutta

Can you tell us more about this charge? 

What was it for? You also mentioned expecting a refund, did you speak to Customer service to have this looked into?

Let us know, we'll be happy to help! 

tgutta

I used fido for a month and I was charged $98 which is fine but in the second month on the first day of the plan itself I shifted to Rogers but I was still charged $56 from fido even though I didn't use it in the second month.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for clarifying @tgutta .

Since you ported out before your bill came out, you were still charged for the month since we bill you one month in advance.

Your final bill will be ready on your next billing cycle date and that's where the refund will appear. Once your final bill is ready, you will receive a cheque with the owed amount in the following  2-3 weeks! 

Hope this helps . 

tgutta

Will I receive it through the mail and where will I be able to cash it? Sorry I am new to this.

Yes, it'll be sent through cheque by mail to the address we currently have on the account and you can cash it at your Financial Institution.

Hope this helps!