Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Activation

luisa_27
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

hi,

I wanted to buy a phone for my doughter who lives in toronto trough the internet. my problem is that i live in mexico and fido ask for a license number to do a credit chek. the only license i have is mexican, what do i need to do, can i buy a phone for her from mexico and have it mailed to her school? thanks 

1 REPLY 1

FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

hi luisa_27,

In order to activate a monthly account, you must possess a Canadian mailing address and consent to a credit check. In order to proceed with the credit verification, we will ask you for your date of birth and driver's license number. We will also require one of the following information:

- Social insurance number
- Credit card number (Canadian or International cards accepted)
- Banking information (Canadian financial institutions only)

If you do not possess a Canadian driver's license we can alternatively ask you for one of the follow pieces of ID:

- Provincial ID or Age of majority card

- Passport

- Citizenship card

- Native status card

- Senior Citizens card

- Armed Forces ID

- University student ID

- Company ID

These ID cards must have a picture and delivered in Canada. If ever your daughter is not yet legal age, you have the possibility to subscribe to our prepaid services. You can choose to purchase a phone with Fido with prepaid services, or purchase a phone from Mexino (unlocked) and purchase a Fido prepaid SIM card to use.

Hope this helps!

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.