cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after being victim of Fraud

jaci
I'm a participant level 2

I received a message from fido on Thursday night Jan30th saying someone has requested transfer my number to another provider. I thought it was fraud message so ignored it at first. Then I have lost my service since Friday morning. After that I contacted Fido few times to ask transfer my number back, they promised to get it done at 2pm then asked me to visit store then asked me to wait for a couple of hours but didn’t give me exact time. During the meantime, my email was hacked coz it linked to my number then my paypal/amazon account have been stolen and I was charged 2K from my MasterCard. When I contacted fido again at 9pm they told my the fraud dep hold my phone number under investigation so I can’t make call or send/receive message now. I can’t get my email back without my phone. I didn’t get it why they have to hold my account to proceed with investigation? Can’t they activate my number NOW?! Why I have to wait until Monday?! WHY?!!!

2 REPLIES 2

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @jaci

Welcome to the community Smiley

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience and I'd like to assure you that your account's security is very important to us. I understand that you've been over the situation with our fraud department, though it seem that some details need to be clarified.

We'd be more than happy to go over the account with you and give you an update on what's going on. I'll be sending you a PM shortly so we can get started. Talk to you soon!

jaci

Hey,

I was told a fraud dep will contact me but they never did.

Can I get their number to reach out?