cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification from FIDO for long distance calling

vermanandini
I'm a participant level 1

I am 18rs old female & an international student , i did the contract with FIDO on 17th sep
2020 , in my plan i've been told that i will get limited amount of hours to use for long distance
calls and i will get the notification after using these full limited hours time, so i did start
making long distance calls very casually by thinking that whenever the given time would be
over i"ll be informed. But unfortuantely i was never be informed & never get the notification
that i have crossed my long distance calls limit . I was shocked to see my bill which came as of
$846 ,which is impossible for me to pay , i hardly have money in the bank & struggling to pay
for food and my room rent. Please help me , FIDO should have notified me in between.

I made many calls to the FIDO representative and hanged with phone for 4 hrs , they were
keep transferring my call to the higher authorized person ,after long waiting i finally got
notified that someone from the company will give me call regarding this matter after 3 days
but since its the 4th day today and no body called me yet , im very much worried and want
my bills to get waive off urgently. i have been complaining & crying on the phone with the
company people since then , i consider very responsible girl and never over use my phone if i
had been notified ,i don't have money to pay , please i need help

3 REPLIES 3

cv6

Hey @vermanandini,

Is there any update for this? What happened ?

Hello Cv6,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you may have incurred some unexpected long-distance charges. I understand that you might not have been aware of your long-distance or excess usage. However, it has always been the customers' responsibility to monitor their own usage and bills:

It is not necessary to cap voice or text messaging service charges since the use of these services is generally well understood and managed by consumers. ~ The Wireless Code; point 127

...it considers that a requirement to provide usage notifications or usage monitoring tools is not the best solution to prevent bill shock. ~ point 124

While Fido does not provide notifications for long-distance or additional long-distance usage, they do provide a means of monitoring call usage (ie My Account app). 

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

If you would like to discuss your bill, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers 

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @vermanandini  

Welcome to the Community.  

We can totally understand that it can be surprising to receive a bill that is higher than expected. In these cases we would need to take a closer look at the account to verify the option in question to confirm the best ways to track the usage.    

We'd suggest reaching back out to us through one of the available options found on our Contact Us page so we can check the status of the follow-up and the billing details. We can also send you a PM from here if you would prefer. Let us know!