cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data or emergency alert last night

Na10
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Anybody else have no data starting at about 6 pm last night? Tried calling Fido but message said over an hour wait time?  I have it this morning but was a challenge as I also had no Wifi due to power outage. Also, I didn't get the emergency alert issued in Toronto and not sure why as I used to get them. Is this a Fido issue or phone issue?

thanks so much in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Na10,

Apologies for the delayed reply. If you were having issues with data, it's possible your phone disconnected from the LTE network due to the storm. Many factors can affect cellular reception and a storm can certainly be a factor. Depending on the circumstances, it's possible a stable LTE was not obtainable and your device connected to the 2G or '3G' networks (assuming you could still use voice and messaging). If that's the case, it would also explain why your phone did not recieve the emergency alert. Devices need to be connected to the LTE network in order to receive the alerts (see here).

I did receive the alert so Fido did relay the alerts. In addition, you note you had previously received other alerts so your device should be compatible. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to get a definitive answer as it would not be possible to replicate those exact conditions to tryout.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers