cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to call LD

Hans3
I'm a participant level 2

Need help to call LD on my cell!  it stop working 2 weeks ago.  i used to call 011+country+area+number, but now they end up going to strangers. but it works fine on my home phone!

6 REPLIES 6

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Hans3,

Welcome to the community!

That's definitely strange! I understand using that calling format worked before (and it is the correct format), however, have you tried replacing the 011 with the plus symbol, +? The 011 is the International dialling prefix (IDP) for Canada.

The IDP is varies by country (see here). Since the IDPs vary by country, the International dialling prefix can be replaced by the plus symbol, +.

So the proper international calling and texting format is 011 followed by Country Calling Code followed by Area Code followed by phone number.

OR  + followed by Country Calling Code followed by Area Code followed by phone number.

I'm not sure if it will make a difference, but it's worth a try.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hans3

tried the + and got the same result

FidoThomas
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Hans3,

That's quite odd! Let's take a closer look at this.

Is this affecting multiple numbers or a specific one?

Is the number(s) registered on your device as a contact or you enter them manually?

In which country are the number(s) located?

Hans3

only one number in particular, however when i call the same number from a land line it works fine.

entering the number manually each time i call

trying to call china

FidoPhilP
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Hans3

This is definitely not normal, but I'm pretty sure we can narrow down what's going on.

Does calling other numbers from China specifically work on your device or is it just this specific number that doesn't work?

Keep us posted!

Hey @Hans3!

Are you still having difficulty with your long distance calling?

Could you let us know if the same thing happens when you put your SIM card in another device?