Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO data bytes OPTION in APP

MickeyBriggz
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I am a NEW fido CUSTOMER.

first downloaded the app 13 days ago and I remember seeing the Databytes option on the main screen.

when I updated the app about 8 days ago on my iphone 6s ios 10.3
my data bytes option disappeared....

I dont even have the option to shake anymore everything is gone.

PS: yes I have read about 10 forums about this issue and there are none that are really being treated just the same advice.

PPS: I have contacted customer service and they sent me a link on how to set it up.....No help.

41 REPLIES 41

Anniebanannie
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

i’m also having similar issues. Like I’m Able to see the 5 Hours of Free Data option in the app main page next to the Thursday Perks thing when I’m logged into one account but when I login to my other account where my second line is under the 5 Hr Free Data button disappears even tho it shows up fine when I had it logged in on a separate phone. It seems to only work one account per app per phone? It’s so weird though. Especially now I combined two numbers into one phone and im not able to use the Databytes when I switch accounts. 

p.s Phone and app are always up to date. 

P.SS by different accounts i literally mean two different accounts (one number is under my dad’s account and the other # is under my personal account login) 

928E58DE-B1BD-4902-82BE-46A0BD7197DB.jpeg

88CB5B98-9904-40F3-9259-7EDD245D64E4.jpeg

Hello Anniebanannie,

Welcome to the community!

@Anniebanannie wrote:..Like I’m Able to see the 5 Hours of Free Data option in the app main page next to the Thursday Perks thing when I’m logged into one account but when I login to my other account where my second line is under the 5 Hr Free Data button disappears even tho it shows up fine when I had it logged in on a separate phone. It seems to only work one account per app per phone? It’s so weird though. Especially now I combined two numbers into one phone and im not able to use the Databytes when I switch accounts. 

P.SS by different accounts i literally mean two different accounts (one number is under my dad’s account and the other # is under my personal account login)...

Are you trying to use 10 hours on one device? I think it's only 5 hours per plan, which is linked by phone number and not by account. You note that you can use the 5 hours on each device, when you also log in on your father's phone. If that's the case, then I believe that's the way the app should be working.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Anniebanannie

Hi,

Yes because I have two plans so it’s supposed to be 5 hours free data per phone number. We have like 6 in total and each one works fine when its running on individual phones. But now I’ve got one number switched to esim to have two lines in one phone the data works fine when i switch between numbers but not when i log out and log in between the two fido accounts to use the databytes. 

Thanks,

Annie 

Hello again,

Thank you for the clarification. I don't believe the app was designed with that purpose in mind. I believe the app would also be linked to phone number. When you first installed the app, it required a verification code to be sent via phone number. That's the phone number which would be linked to the app.

Does your phone allow for multiple installations of the same app? If it does, you might be able to have two My Accounts (one for each phone number) on your phone. As I mentioned, I don't believe the app was designed for dual-SIM phones so it may not allow multiple installations on the same device.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

JeffersonL
I'm a participant level 1

Fido has one of the **bleep**tiest apps, a multimillion dollar company and app that they made looks like something a high school would make for a school project.

The app is supposed to sign you in with your phone number and you would only be able to see the information that is connected to that phone number and that’s where you activate data bytes, but if you fully sign in to where you can see every phone number associated to

your account it won’t give you that choice, and there is no way for you to get the app to sign you into using your phone number.

the truth is, Fido doesn’t want you to use the free 5 hours of data, the data you use costs them nothing, you could download a terabyte worth of things in that 1 hour and it would cost them basically nothing, so they would rather you pay for a plan that offers more data and blame the consumer for not being able to find the data byte section.

Either the multimillionaire company hires incompetent idiots to create an app that looks like it could be made in a few days, or they purposefully make it so you can’t get the free data Cus they wanna make even more money. 

OmarSubzwari

Just signed up for fido and was trying to find the data bytes option just to see, and i cant find it anywhere any help? 

-LATEST IOS

-APP UPDATED

-FIDO PULSE CUSTOMER

-ON LTE 

Hey @OmarSubzwari and welcome to the Community.

This doesn't sound right at all. Reinstalling the app didn't work on your end?

OmarSubzwari

Has to reinstall twice but it did work eventually thanks for the reply appreciate it 

@OmarSubzwari

Sounds great!

I'm glad to know it all worked out.

davidbb

I recently switched plans and am experiencing the same issue of data bytes not showing up in the app anymore. I have uninstalled /reinstalled the app but I don't see the option. 

Can someone PM me to troubleshoot?

Thanks 

Hello @davidbb,

Keep an eye on your inbox, we're sending a PM your way. 

Alternatively, you can contact us here for immediate assistance. Smiley 

Arnold3

I also have this issue. I don’t see any data bytes button in the app itself. 

On the latest Fido app version 3.7

using iPhone 8 on iOS 12.1.4

if any help would be much appreciated 

i had used data bytes before a year ago. But then don’t see the option anymore 

Hey @Arnold3!

We haven't heard back from you. Are you now able to access your Data Bytes through the My Account app?

Hey there @Arnold3!

A couple of things can go wrong, first of all, have you attempted to reinstall the Fido app already? That's always worth a shot. 

Otherwise, are you currently within our Extended coverage, or roaming? This would also disable the Data Bytes themselves.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi currently? If yes, can you disable it temporarily and retry?

Keep us posted!  

balkarr

turning off extended coverage / data roaming worked for me.

fido1531

I am also having the same problem with trying to active the free hour of data.

iphone 7 iOS was just updated to 11.4.1. 

Fido app updates about a week or so ago.

The banner use to show up at the top under my phone number and also in the more tab. But it is no longer there.

i am also on a Fido pulse plan.

my bf also just noticed it on his phone that it was gone. He uses something different 

Hey @fido1531

No worries, a PM is on it's way so we can look into it together.

Erfa

I've been having the same issue.

I just switched to Fido 3 days ago but the My Account app never had the Data Bytes option for me. I'm on the $45 Fido Pulse plan. Phone and app are up-to-date.No data bytes option...No data bytes option...

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Erfa

Welcome to the community Smiley

We'll need to have a closer look at your plan and services. Sending you a PM so we can get started.

Kohpro84

New customer to fido.

Downloaded fido app and cant see the option to start data bytes anywhere. 

Not on the “usage” page or the “more”section.

On fido pulse plan

iphone 7 version 11.4.1 

fido app version 3.3.2 (3)

Tried re-downloading fido app. Still same.

Hard reset iphone, still same.

Talk to customer service and they are telling me to re-download app but still same. 

Please help.