cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My plan almost done, what's next?

King2313
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

When I bought this plan was included with the cellphone and it will be finished next month. What's should I do for the next? My billing will be reduced or continue likes before? Will I get a new cellphone? Should I choose a new plan? If I choose a new plan, will I get a different price between using cellphone and not? 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello King2313,

Welcome to the community!

Since your contract is almost completed, you would have likely signed up with a subsidised plan (ie Large, Medium, Small, etc). That is, the monthly cost of the phone was incorporated into the plans. Fido recently switched to a financed model, Fido's Payment Program. With the new model, the cost of devices is separated from plan costs.

Your monthly billing will not automatically be reduced. It is not possible to simply remove the subsidy from older plans so you would need to switch to a new plan. However, you should note that the details of the new plans may not be the same as your current plan. If you did not switch plans, you will not automatically get a new cellphone. In order to finance another device, you would also need to switch to a new plan as the old subsidised plans are not compatible with the new financed model.

@King2313 wrote:...If I choose a new plan, will I get a different price between using cellphone and not? 

I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that statement. Could you please clarify?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers