cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for current retention plan

VanessaMac
I'm a participant level 3

Been with fido for years, currently not under contract. Need two new phones and more data. Any idea what the current retention plan is? Looking for a great deal as I have seen a few other companies with great data deals. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

FidoSaira

Hey @VanessaMac

Welcome to the Community!

I'd like to begin by thanking you for being a loyal customer, we truly appreciate you being with us. Smiley

We have tons of offers available on fido.ca for Black Friday! Have you had the chance to take a look at them? We can certainly go over them with you. You can always contact us or if you prefer we can send you a private message here.

Let us know what you prefer.

VanessaMac

I like the 4GB with unlimited calling $55. I was hoping to get two new phones with the plan for being loyal customers. I have two lines and if I'm committing to 2 years under contract I don't want to be stuck with my old phone. I'm trying to keep my cost down. I can get a lot more data with another carrier for the same if not less money for the same amount of data. I'm not looking fir an iPhone , I prefer Samsung. thanks for any help.

Hello VanessaMac,

Welcome to the community!

I hope Fido will be able to offer you something close to what you're after.

@VanessaMac wrote:...I can get a lot more data with another carrier for the same if not less money for the same amount of data....

I'm going to guess that the other carrier might be Freedom Mobile? They tend to advertise Big Data. If it is, you might consider doing some additional research. I understand in this day and age mobile data is important. However, people can sometimes get blinded by the amount of data. They can often overlook certain aspects of mobile service such as coverage. That is, where can you use said data (and other mobile phone services). I posted a side-by-side comparison of Freedom Mobile and Rogers coverage here.

As I mentioned in that post, I don't wish to bad-mouth any particular mobile provider. Freedom Mobile may be the perfect option for some people. However, their limitations might not suit others. Remember the big promo war that happened last year around this time? Freedom Mobile came out with a promotion for a large amount of data. The other providers later followed suit with similar promotional offerings. I said similar because Freedom dropped the price of their offering whereas the other providers did not. It seems like a good deal, right? During that same promotional period, Freedom Mobile experienced 'record disconnects' (see here). That means that some people -- more than just a few -- opted to spend more money to leave Freedom. Read what you will from that information, but to me, that means people want more than just data from their mobile providers. Again, I'm not trying to put down Freedom, and I'm not saying that their service will not suit anyone. All I am saying is, if you are considering them, make sure the services they offer suit your needs. Do your research.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

VanessaMac

Thanks for the info. I am in Toronto and mainly use my phone in the gta. Travelling is not an issue out of my area. I just think they should be able to do better for loyal customers rather than just a deal everyone else can get. I'm don't think I'm being unfair for asking for something a tad better. I'm not asking for the world for free!

Hey @VanessaMac! Will be happy to look at your options with you. Smiley

If you want to do that here, let us know and we'll send you a PM. If not, you can contact us here.

VanessaMac

Thanks for the response. Yes if you wouldn't mind sending me a PM, that would be great. I oook forward to your reply. Cheers.

Sure thing!

One PM coming up. Smiley