Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long-distance overcharges | Assistance needed

magi163636
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I have been using Fido mobile service for some time.

I have an add-on pack for 1000 international minutes, which I never used entirely every month. 

I was really shocked to see long distance overcharges of $447 last month. Usually, warning messages are sent whenever we cross the data limit. So, I was under the impression that I would be notified if I cross international calling limit. I did not receive single warning message.

Eventually, I received a bill through a email with overcharged payment once after the billing cycle is completed. 

I reached the customer care many times and over chat, but they keep telling that they cannot do away with the charges. 

We are all in panic situation due to this COVID-19, I had to connect with my family and ensure they are safe in India. Noone would like to pay $447 long distance overcharges in a monthly phone bill. I hope whoever reading this can understand my situation.

As I was not assisted with this overcharge issue through customer care, I am posting my concern in the forum, hoping someone could understand my situation and assist me out of this.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @magi163636! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I understand your shock, as no one likes to get an unexpectedly high bill.

To explain, usage notifications do not work for bonus minute add-ons. Also, these are considered informational only and we recommend that our customers always check their real-time usage on our app or website.

Due to the current situation, we're offering flexible payment arrangement options through our credit operations department, which you can reach via *732 on your Fido phone. Also, if you have any further questions or concerns, you can request a PM from us.

I hope that helps!

magi163636

Yes, I need an assitance badly, Please PM me.

Sending you a PM so we can review things, see you there Smiley