Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance over charge during Covid situation

rlokesh
I'm a participant level 3

Hello,

I have recently moved to Canada in Nov 2019 and I have been using FIDO since i have landed here
I have already refered atleast 4 people who have recently travelled to canda in last 10 months to avail Fido service
I have an add-on pack for 1000 international minutes, which I never avail entirely every month.

I was really shocked to see long distance overcharges of $914 last month. Usually, warning messages are sent whenever we cross the data limit. So, I was under the impression that I would be notified if I cross international calling limit. I did not receive single warning message. Finally, invoice showed up with bill charge for $1050

I reached the customer care many times, but they keep telling that they cannot do away with the charges.

Due due to ongoing Covid situation and I have been calling home didn't realize that 1000 minutes has been expired. 

I hope whoever reading this can understand my situation. Nobody would like to pay $914 long distance change for monthly phone bill. As I was not assisted with the overcharge issue through customer care, I am hoping I'll get some help here

10 REPLIES 10

Dc91
I'm a participant level 2

I hv the same situation but no body helps ! Only interested in charges on the bill! the fault is in their system which doesn't alert! If they hv alerted and we use more than 1000 then charges are valid however it's not. I don't know in future how many like us will be trapped and will face injustice.

Never recommend fido to anyone! Seriously! Someone had the same situation with telus they waived off for first time scenario! Notably it was not even COVID situation at that time! 

Dc91

rlokesh! 
just wondering how did you get resolved your case? Anything positive outcome u received or not? Please explain! Since we both r in same boat 

rlokesh

@Dc91 

Didn't got any solution from them. Charges remains same they didn't provide any solution for any of my request. getting frustrated for taking this useless service on daily basis

Dc91

We can go to media and expose this injustice to us and future customers! I strongly recommend other customers to come forward and join us to raise our voice to top level! I am ready to pay some reasonable amount since I am not deniying that I used service and not going to pay! They need to consider situation and be reasonable to customers and firstly improve alert system!

rlokesh

True these money making corporate business need to be stopped. No point of spending all our fortune here

rlokesh

I wil make sure all my firends change from FIDO to any other useful service

This is valid custmoer concerns any they haven;t taken any action for all these years

I have seen customer has faced this issue every year going through their blog and twitter post

I will make sure this gets exposed in Twitter and all my soical media 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @rlokesh! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us Smiley

We totally understand that higher than expected invoices are never pleasant to receive and we know that the situation isn't ideal. We do want to help as best we can however keep in mind that since the long-distance calls were made the charges do remain valid. Valid charges aren't something that we can simply remove off an invoice as the service was used and a cost is associated to it. 

That said, we can definitely go over things and look into payment options. Our credit operations team are the best ones to reach out and they can set up a payment plan with you. You can reach them at 1-888-288-2106.

I do hope that information helps! 

Srinivas1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

don't think u guys are smart...be loyal to customer...when u r sending unnecessary promotional offers regularly to our mailbox..why don't u send a email to customer saying that this service is going to end if u cares truly..rather than saying we notified on the bill, honestly I don't know how many of them go through it every month..I cant accept this..I don't recommend fido to anyone

rlokesh

But why there no option to alert when you're charging extra this is worst customer experience I have seen. You're asking me to pay month salary. Any extra charge should have been notifed by message or mail instead of showing it up in invoice. 

I could have made these calls in WhatsApp free of charge

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @rlokesh

Alerts aren't provided for voice usage the same way it's provided for data usage, since it is not tracked in real time. You can however view your current usage through our self-serve tools to help you manage it.