Local calling with Fido Roam

I'm a Participant Level 2 Ruicky
I'm a Participant Level 2

Local calling with Fido Roam

Hi, so me and my family is traveling in the Las Vegas. And we r from Toronto. Which brings $7/day for Fido roaming in The US. I just want to clarify that how do you guys consider calls. Can I call a local Las Vegas number? Would that count as long distance calls or calls that includes in my plan. Also, if I want to call my husband when I can’t find him. Which he is also in Las Vegas with me and he is also a Toronto number. Would that count as long distance?

thank you

merry Christmas  

Accepted Solution

Re: Local calling with Fido Roam

Hello @Ruicky,

Welcome to the community!

You will not incur any additional fees if you call any local number in .

"Fido Roam works the same way as on a monthly plan with local or Canada-wide minutes: calls and texts to local numbers, within the destination you’re in, and back to anywhere in Canada are included and will not be charged long-distance – airtime still applies."

You can get full information from here.

Happy holidays to you.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1
Solution

Hello @Ruicky,

You will not incur any additional fees if you call any local number in .

"Fido Roam works the same way as on a monthly plan with local or Canada-wide minutes: calls and texts to local numbers, within the destination you’re in, and back to anywhere in Canada are included and will not be charged long-distance – airtime still applies."

You can get full information from here.

Happy holidays to you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7

but how do you guys consider local number? Can I call back to Canada? Would that consider a local call or a long distance?  Because my plan has the unlimited calls within Canada. And it would be ok if I call my husband and would he be charge long distance? He also is in Las Vegas with me. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
MVP
MVP

Hello Ruicky,

Unless they recently made changes, local numbers are those within the Country destination where you're travelling. If you're travelling in Las Vegas, then US numbers are considered local. Regardless of travel destination, calls and messages to back to Canada are also included.

If you call your husband while he is in Las Vegas with you, it will be included with your Fido Roam because it's a Canadian phone number. For your husband, it won't be considered long-distance, however, answering the call will trigger Fido Roam charges for his plan.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

Thank you very much! Happy holidays!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

three choices,

1. may LD for calls between you and your husband.

2. get local sim or prepaid phones in LV and your are good to go

3. use apps to call each other using data (google the solution on your own , i will get blocked to give you the answer)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
MVP
MVP

Hello,

@patrickchan wrote:...

1. may LD for calls between you and your husband....

3. use apps to call each other using data ...

Using Fido Roam will not incur LD charges for calls between the OP and her husband. Using apps to make calls using data will also trigger the Fido Roam charge so there is no benefit unless using Wifi.

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 4 in conversation