cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling with Fido Roam

Ruicky
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, so me and my family is traveling in the Las Vegas. And we r from Toronto. Which brings $7/day for Fido roaming in The US. I just want to clarify that how do you guys consider calls. Can I call a local Las Vegas number? Would that count as long distance calls or calls that includes in my plan. Also, if I want to call my husband when I can’t find him. Which he is also in Las Vegas with me and he is also a Toronto number. Would that count as long distance?

thank you

merry Christmas  

10 REPLIES 10

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

three choices,

1. may LD for calls between you and your husband.

2. get local sim or prepaid phones in LV and your are good to go

3. use apps to call each other using data (google the solution on your own , i will get blocked to give you the answer)

Hello,

@patrickchan wrote:...

1. may LD for calls between you and your husband....

3. use apps to call each other using data ...

Using Fido Roam will not incur LD charges for calls between the OP and her husband. Using apps to make calls using data will also trigger the Fido Roam charge so there is no benefit unless using Wifi.

Cheers

YifanWu
I'm a participant level 1

I have unlimited CAN US & Intl calls/MMS.

Can I use my number to call international numbers while I'm in China? 

How about the data in my plan

Hey @YifanWu!

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your posted to this thread since it's related to a similar inquiry. 

As you can see in the solution above, with Fido Roam, you can use your plan as you would in Canada for data, texts and calls, within the roaming destination you are travelling to, or back home for a daily fee.  In this case, the fee for Fido Roamin China would be $12 per day. 

You will be able to use your plan to call local numbers in China and back to Canada. As well as use texting and data according to what comes with your plan. 

That said, are you sure you have unlimited international calling in your plan? That is not a feature that comes with any of our monthly plans. You can check the details of your plan under your My Account profile.

hij

I am planning a family group trip to the US. With Roam like Home will texts to and from Canadian phone numbers of my party members be included? Will calls to and from Canadian phone numbers of my party members be included?

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @hij,

I've moved your post here since the thread answers a very similar question to yours.

The answer is yes to both your scenarios Smiley

For only $7 a day in the U.S. and $12 a day internationally, in tons of destinations, Fido Roam allows you to use the data, talk time and texts from your monthly plan while abroad. 

Basically, Fido Roam works the same way as on a monthly plan with local or Canada-wide minutes: calls and texts to local numbers, within the destination you’re in, and back to anywhere in Canada are included and will not be charged long-distance – airtime still applies (if your plan doesn't have unlimited airtime only).

All calls and texts to other international destinations will be charged based on the plan and options in your account. So for example, if your plan comes with Unlimited Canadian and International SMS, you can text from the U.S to any other international number without additional fees. Calls from the U.S to a long distance destination would be billed long distance pay-per-use, unless included in your plan. 

You can see all the international rates applicable here under View preferred international rates .

You can also check out this useful article in our Community's Library to find all the details about Fido Roam.

Hope this helps!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Ruicky,

Welcome to the community!

You will not incur any additional fees if you call any local number in .

"Fido Roam works the same way as on a monthly plan with local or Canada-wide minutes: calls and texts to local numbers, within the destination you’re in, and back to anywhere in Canada are included and will not be charged long-distance – airtime still applies."

You can get full information from here.

Happy holidays to you.

Ruicky

but how do you guys consider local number? Can I call back to Canada? Would that consider a local call or a long distance?  Because my plan has the unlimited calls within Canada. And it would be ok if I call my husband and would he be charge long distance? He also is in Las Vegas with me. 

Hello Ruicky,

Welcome to the community!

Unless they recently made changes, local numbers are those within the Country destination where you're travelling. If you're travelling in Las Vegas, then US numbers are considered local. Regardless of travel destination, calls and messages to back to Canada are also included.

If you call your husband while he is in Las Vegas with you, it will be included with your Fido Roam because it's a Canadian phone number. For your husband, it won't be considered long-distance, however, answering the call will trigger Fido Roam charges for his plan.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Ruicky

Thank you very much! Happy holidays!