cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's hard to add the new line.

Megannx
I'm a participant level 2

Fido posted on the website that it's easy to add a new line by doing an online Fido account to save $50 instead of going to the store. That's not true! Whenever I requested a new line online, the website displayed the sentence "your credit check was unsuccessful" and asked me to contact customer service. 

Yesterday, I used Fido Live Chat to support me in adding the 4th new line, the Fido staff told me that I am not eligible to open a new line. I asked for the reason as I always make the payment on time during the last 3 years but he/she did not provide me with any explanation. I made the call to talk with customer service, he told me that he would help me to add a new line with a fee of $50 or need to wait for 24 hours. Until now, I still see the same problem in my account. Appreciate anyone can help me. Thanks!  

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Megannx,

From the message you receive, it looks like your current credit rating might not be sufficient to allow you the 4th line with Fido. I understand you might have been paying your Fido bills on time but you could have issues elsewhere that I affecting your credit or it could just be you don't have a high enough credit rating to get the 4th line.

You might want to check your credit report to make sure nothing out of the ordinary is happing.

Megannx

Hi Kapable-K

Thanks for your message. My credit score is 742 and I don't think this is a problem. Beside that, Fido staff told me that he can open a new line for me by paying a $50 fee.

Hey @Megannx Smiley 

If you're eligible to a new line through customer service, you should also be able to add it online. 

Should that not be the case, you can contact customer service here and they'll look into it further!