Information on wireless service interruption - April 19 2021

SOLVED
FidoStephen
Community Manager

UPDATE 4/20 4:22 PM EDT

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry.

As part of that, you won't be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

We’re undertaking an in-depth review in partnership with Ericsson. We know that this was related to an Ericsson software upgrade that caused devices to be disconnected from our network. We will use our findings of that review to help prevent similar issues from happening again.

Again, we offer our sincere apologies and will work hard to earn back your trust.

UPDATE 4/19 11:59 PM EDT
Wireless calls, SMS and data services are now restored for the vast majority of our customers. A small number of services with other carriers are continuing to come back online.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this outage has caused and thank you for your patience.

UPDATE 4/19 7:41 PM EDT
Fido wireless calls, SMS & data services are starting to return to normal for our customers. It will take several more hours for all customers and regions to return to full service. We will continue to work around the clock with our network partner Ericsson until that happens.

UPDATE 4/19 5:54 PM EDT 
We’ve identified the root cause of today’s intermittent wireless outage and are continuing to work hard to restore full service for our customers.

***If your services are still not restored, you can try restarting your phone or turning airplane mode on/off***

Accepted Solution

Re: [UPDATED] ⚠ SERVICE INTERRUPTION - APRIL 19 2021

Solved by Community Manager
UPDATE 4/20 4:22 PM EDT

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and yesterday we let you down - for this we are truly sorry.

As part of that, a credit equivalent to yesterday’s wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

We’re undertaking an in-depth review in partnership with Ericsson. We know that this was related to an Ericsson software upgrade that caused devices to be disconnected from our network. We will use our findings of that review to help prevent similar issues from happening again.

Again, we offer our sincere apologies and will work hard to earn back your trust.

View solution in context
476 REPLIES 476
Gangral137
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido, give us any comments, please.

We got into a pretty bad situation today with no phone coverage for me and my wife.

What's the status?

Thor1313
I'm a Participant Level 2

Both my phone and my wife's phones are down. Cannot make calls or send txts on Fido Mobile network.  Called tech support and line hangs up "saying" call back later.  Absolutely ridiculous!!

Nt12

Need help.can't receive or send messages and calls.it says fido error .need help asap

Viperette

This is ridiculous, and both Rogers and Fido are having intermittent problems nationwide! || When I got through once (after calling 20 times, lol), a CSR said that we could use WiFi Calling when the Network was down. || Soon I will try to call them again because to enable WiFi Calling, you need them to send you a verification code, which is not possible when they are down. || Hopefully not for long. 

lucifer88
I'm a Participant Level 3

absloutely unaccetable i am gonna switch to another netwerk this is **bleep** 

Ehsan4u

No network signal for past 2 days - Guelph Ontario (Woodlawn RD EAST and Victoria rd)

I have samsung a71

network was working fine until yesterday and i can not call anyone 

same issue with my wife 

AnP2

It's not your device , I believe the Fido network is down , and they are not telling us when it will work again . 

AnP2

I can't make or receive calls ! The Fido network is down . Is someone else experiencing the same issue ? 

LadyHeather

Same here & now I can't call Fido support!! Good grief! REALLY?!?! 🤔😤

Thor1313

Same issue on 2 phones..tech support hangs up

Nt12

Yes yes.im hanging too in it.can't recieve or send calls n messages.April19.2021.

So with stay at home order there is stay with no phone order too

Sandra44

Yes , same here ! 

ROB_GOLD

Hello, my android (Samsung A50) now won't make calls, and when I try it says, 'Not registered on network'. The SIM card is installed and there have been no changes (I did get a new SIM card for another phone on my account recently but not this one). Troubleshooting hasn't worked - software is up to date, sim is ok installed right, restarting hasn't worked. Please help!!!

ludwig1

Same Here. Seems to be a problem with Fido. At least a 1 hour wait if you phone support on another network/phone.

woojinlee

me too.
this is really suck

test001

Can't make any calls and no data. Can't reach support. Service down since April 19 midnight.

What is the compensation for this downtime?

LadyHeather

Oh.. I WILL be requesting compensation for this!! I so agree with you!! 

gudlee

Same here; 3 phones/accounts affected.  Not impressed at the lack of detail either.  You can check status and report in the Fido mobile app (Support, Networkland), if that helps anyone at all.  They give you the option to get a text or email when service is restored.  Doesn't tell you much at the moment though ... just what @nexus2012 already said.

@Fido, seriously?  I work in IT ... extended outages happen, but you never just tell your customers "sorry for the inconvenience" and leave it at that for crying out loud.  We need to have some idea of what to expect so we can make alternate arrangements if necessary; after all it's not like we pay what we do just so we can call Grandma on Sundays ... we have lives and businesses to look after 24/7.  Provide an ETA please.  If you don't have one, then just say so and follow up with updates when you have them.  You can do much better.

nexus2012

First off the little blurbs saying "some" customers having issues when it's a general problem is as annoying as not being able to get clear info or any means of communicating with anyone. The one day free service as compensation is laughable. Many will lose $$ and service to an overpriced service we pay for. Still not able to get any info or time of repair after hours of waiting. Meanwhile the heads of these great multimillion corporations have assured bonuses at the end of year. Anyways....

Ehsan4u

No service ... 

un accountable losses in work and issues

I’m from Hamilton, Ontario and my cell phone started acting up intermittently around 12:00am last night. This is similar to what most people are reporting right now.

Defiantly is not a device issue especially when multiple people are reporting the same thing. I have a perfect condition IPhone 11 Pro Max that I pay $140.00+ per month for on my plan. I rely on this heavily for work and communication during these times with Covid happening.

This is absolutely ridiculous! As soon as Customer Service opened at 8:00am I called from my home phone and have been on Hold ever since for 1 hour from my Bell Landline.

No Data, No incoming or outgoing calls, can’t call *611 for customer service... nothing.

Stopped by my parent house after my night shift to see if my mothers cell phone was working as she’s with Fido and has an older IPhone. Nothing, hers is dead as well.

** New update: After one hour on Hold I finally got ahold of someone. They said there’s a CANADA WIDE OUTAGE. Technical support knows about it and they have no other information on when it will be fixed**