cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I jumped the upgrade gun

YoursTruly
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

so I got an s8 not even a month and a half ago, now theres the s10 s coming out with some pretty decent deals. Question is, can I trade this one in, and get the s10+ and add it to this term?

I'm thinking like when you buy a car, and your balance goes onto your new term type if deal, or nah? 

Google wont answer my question!!

2 REPLIES 2

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

u can do the following. 

pay off ur term. then u have freedom to change plan or phone . this costs mega dollars.  

u can sell s8 on ur own or tradein at Samsung store. then get the s10 off contract at Samsung store. then place ur fido sim into the phone. like I did with s9plus 2018.easiest Option 

ur pay off the term contract and resign to get s10. not good idea. 

Hey there @YoursTruly

Welcome to the community Smiley

To answer your question, we do offer the option to exchange your device while you're still within the satisfaction warranty as seen here.

Currently, you would definitely be able to trade in your S8 if you wish to. That said, choosing to start a new term will void your previous one and charge you the remaining balance left on the device. You can actually see the remaining balance by logging in to Fido.ca or on your Fido mobile app, under the tab "phone".

To clarify how your opt out fee works here's a quick breakdown:

1. The subsidy AKA opt out fee, is based on the discount provided when you initially sign up your 2 year term. Discounts will vary based on the plan category and the device chosen.
  2. The discount received will then be divided by 24 months (your 2 year term period) and will give you a monthly amount.
  3. Your opt out fee will be calculated by taking that monthly amount and multiplying it by the number of months left on your contract. Say you had $240 discounted, this would mean that your subsidy goes down by $10 a month. It also means that if you cancel your newly signed contract with 22 months left on it, you will be charged $220.

However, it is best to explore your options as mentioned by @patrickchan. If you're considering opting out of your current term, then signing a new contract with an S10 while taking advantage of the promotional discount, we'd be happy to help. Simply reach out to us at these channels to get started, or we can send you a PM if you prefer, and we'll go over your available offers with you.

Hope this clarifies.