cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove my voice registered in Fido/Rogers biometric database

radeonheart
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Back then, when I had an issue with Fido, it took a long time to solve. (It still takes a long time to solve an issue with Fido.) Fido asked for my consent to have my voice recognized by their system to speed up the customer service process. I agreed.

Fast forward, I realize I made a mistake. Giving Fido consent to have my voice recognized by Fido for identification process does not make Fido service any better in my opinion. And then, there is a privacy concern as well. 

I would like to have my voice/biometric data removed from Fido/Rogers database and whatever agencies Fido/Rogers might have given my biometric information to. How do I do this? Which number to call? Which email to submit this request. Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @radeonheart,

When we enroll you in Voice ID, we use the same audio that we use in our quality assurance program. If you enroll, we’ll use the recording to create a digital representation of your voice that works only with our system. 

Over 100 different characteristics make up your voiceprint. These characteristics represent your voice. It is just as unique as a fingerprint. 

You can opt-out of having a voiceprint at any time, simply get in touch with us here and we'll take care of the rest.