How to purchase phone (full price, not on new plan) online?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

How to purchase phone (full price, not on new plan) online?

I'm trying to order a new phone online instead of paying the $40 to speak to Customer Service.  

I see options to purchase with a new 2year plan, but I want to keep the plan I have and pay full purchase price now, not over 2yrs.  

Can I buy a new phone outright online?  If so, how?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: How to purchase phone (full price, not on new plan) online?

Hello @burnscarpenter,

If you are not getting the option to keep your current plan so you can move forward with the purchase then you will have to contact customer service so they can process the purchase. 

Fido does not charge $40 for speaking to customer service.

They do charge a $10 Handling Fee

When a customer service representative performs a transaction on your behalf a small fee is applied for select transactions available on Fido MyAccount self-serve.

Transactions performed over the phone, via live chat, or social media support may be affected.

Impacted transactions for wireless services:

• Making a payment
  • Updating method of payment
  • Updated contact information (email, phone)
  • Resetting Voice Messaging password
  • Changing Name Display for Call Display
  • Changing billing address

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Burnscarpenter,

If you are unable to make the purchase outright online, you would need to contact customer service to place the order. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

If you inform customer service that you were unable to place the outright purchase order online, they might be able to waive the $40 Setup Service Fee since you did try to order the device online.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

There's a button that doesn't look like a button (it looks like a bar) on the "Device and Plan" section.  It says "Fido Payment Plan" on the left and "Full Price" on the right.  Click on it.  Full price means you don't get the discounted price on offer with the payment plan though it seems. 

I guess the idea is that you need to stay as a customer for 2 years to be receiving the phone at a discount.

Though I'm just looking for the same info so I don't know what is and isn't possible - just pointing out the button that looks like a horizontal bar since I missed it 5+ times.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4