cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get $200 deposit back?

NanZh
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

After a long journey with Fido for almost 3 years, I haven't get my $200 deposit back yet. Fido promised me that the extra $200 deposit would be back after I activated my account for six months. However, I haven't get it after calling and chatting online for many times. The support service is supper low and awful. They referred me to several departments and backed to the beginning without any solution. This loop will never give me the deposit back. At last, Fido told me the system used to judge if I can get the deposit back or not is automated and they can do nothing with this system. They also confirmed that I meet all the requirements of refunding this deposit.

I plan to use other phone services if I cannot get any further positive feedback from Fido.

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @NanZh

If your account is still active, the security deposit is usually released automatically after being held for a minimum of 12 months. In other words, if you meet the requirements, the refund is processed by our system.

That said, to better assist you, we'll need to take a closer look at your account. To reach a Fido representative immediately, you can use one of these channels. Alternative, we can send you a PM here as well.