How to change name display

I'm a Participant Level 1 David
I'm a Participant Level 1

How to change name display

I have read through the Fido website regarding the name that is displayed when I make a call. Is there any way of changing what name is displayed?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solution

Re: How to change name display

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is old I just wanted to update you guys on the procedure here. 

The good news is that it's now possible to change your call display name directly through your online account. All you have to do is select the number on which you want to make the change and select "Change call display name"

Cheers! Smiley  

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Rune
I'm a Contributor Level 1

To change your outgoing name display, you need to contact Fido Customer Service at *611. You can change the name to have you First Name L. , F. Last Name or Business Name. This will reflect on your monthly invoice with your phone number.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

It takes up to 24 hour before its updated on the network.
I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8
Community Manager (Retired) FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)

@Rune, @SeniorAgent

Thanks for helping out!

David, let us know how it goes Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

@David wrote:

I have read through the Fido website regarding the name that is displayed when I make a call. Is there any way of changing what name is displayed?

Thanks for your help!

Generally the phone will also give you the option of whether or not to even send it. For instance a Blackberry device gives the option of sending name information to be ON/OFF/Network Determined Smiley  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

It actually sends both Nane/Number, and when you turn it off via the menu in your phone, it suppresses both name and number.

Sorry folks, there is no way to easily to allow a number and block the name portion, but you can have the name portion changed as mentioned above, its what ever you have as the "user name" set in your billing account

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8
I'm a Participant Level 3 Trixie86
I'm a Participant Level 3

As an alternative, if you want to block your name & number from showing up when you make a specific outgoing call, type #31# before dialing the number and it is a "one time block" that will show up as unknown or private to the person receiving your call!
I am a Fido employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Fido or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Fido ou d’une société de son groupe.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is old I just wanted to update you guys on the procedure here. 

The good news is that it's now possible to change your call display name directly through your online account. All you have to do is select the number on which you want to make the change and select "Change call display name"

Cheers! Smiley  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8