How to activate my new SIM card

I'm a Participant Level 2 alsaediahned
I'm a Participant Level 2

How to activate my new SIM card

Hi I have new SIM card I want active my SIM cards

Accepted Solution

Re: How to activate my new SIM card

Hey @Baljitkaur

SIM cards for monthly accounts can only be activated on Fido.ca via MyAccount or in a Fido store. For prepaid accounts it can only be done in a store.

To do it on Fido.ca select the Services tab, and click on Mobile. You'll find the Update SIM Card link lower down the page, under Quick Actions

Keep in mind that for a postpaid account, if you do not have the old SIM Card number then activation on Fido.ca will not work. You must pass by a store to activate your SIM card.

Hope this helps! 😀

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 59

@stephenso, I wouldn't say that logging in with the phone number doesn't give full access. We recommend registering with the email address in case a customer is having problem with the phone number method. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 59
I'm a Participant Level 3 stephenso1
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi FidoFaiza,

I have just registered as a new user to log into my account now.  But I am also required to register as a new user (stephenso1) in order to log back into the Fido Community and reply to this forum.  All of my previous account information, status, and messages are still with the old account (stephenso) and cannot be transferred to this new one?

Also, the issue is still the same.  I still don't have the option to Update SIM Card.

My phone number is on the very left with the check mark, then "Change My Number", then "Refer A Friend".  I still don't have the options of "Update SIM Card" and "Upgrade My Device".....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 59

Still showing the same options even with the registering a new account using email as username.

Still no Update SIM Card and Upgrage My Device options.  

Also losing my Fido Community login, status, and messages......

I’M SAVVY
I’M AN AMATEUR

Fido Capture2.JPG

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 59

Oh no, that's too bad Sad I should have mentionned you would lose your community profile. No worries though, we can help you get it back. 

PM coming your way and we will also help you change the sim card.

Thanks, @stephenso1

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 59

Thank you very much FidoFaiza.

Will wait for the PM and instructions.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 59

Still waiting for the PM and instructions.....

Thank you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 59
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

@ stephenso1 That's odd. We sent you a new PM. Please check your inbox. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 59

Thank you FidoTerry.  Maybe it was sent to the inbox of "stephenso", which I lost access to, after I re-register for my account using my email address?

I will check my current inbox again.  Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 59
Former Moderator

@stephenso1 Got your PM, replying to you now. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 59
Former Moderator

In case anyone was curious why stephenso1 couldn't update his SIM card online: This feature is only available for postpaid customer at this moment. If you have a prepaid account, you won't be able to do it on Fido.ca. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 59
I'm a Participant Level 1 marctbo11
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am having the exact same problem and I am a postpaid customer. Clearly the website needs work to allow all users to have 100% of the account access we are suposed to have instead of having to call in anytime we want to change something. It's not practical. i upgraded my phone, and it came with a new sim card. All i should have to do is put that new sim card in and power on the phone and it should automatically register and change the sim card information. ( like other companies do already). The fact that i now tell myself that i decided to get the phone delivered to my home to save me the trip to the store to get everything done, now i should have just went to the store. it would of been much less of a hassle. I cannot say i am not dissapointed. Will be forced to call in to get the sim card changed so i can use my new phone.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 59
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hi @marctbo11

Welcome to the Community!
Thanks for sharing your experience, no need to call-in simply contact us so we can help with the SIM swap.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 59
I'm a Participant Level 1 3n

Re: New phone

Stop saying "simply" - there is nothing "simple" about it!

My daughter lost her phone.  I got her a new one from Fido - "emergency calls only".  SIM card was wrong.

They sent another SIM card, said it would already be activated - it's not.

I went online to activate it - why the he'll do you need me to enter the old SIM number!!?  It's LOST - that's why i needed the new one!

It's been over a week goofing around with this **bleep**.  Absolutely dismal experience.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 59

Re: New phone

Hey @3n

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about all this. We can definitely assist you with the activation of that new SIM

I'll send you a PM on here directly

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 59
I'm a Participant Level 1 orion_squall

Hi,

The procedure to update SIM card online seems user-friendly when I login. I would like to confirm a few things before my new phone arrive:

1. My 5 years old phone and SIM card is a Micro. My new phone has LTE support, so in order to get LTE, I will have to order a new NANO SIM card which has LTE capabilities?

2. Do I need to do some cutting of the new SIM card to make it a NANO size?

3. Will my phone number or plan get altered or disturbed with installation of a new NANO SIM. I have BYOP plan and my assumption/knowledge is that updating a SIM card shall not alter any of it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 59