I'm a participant level 1

What to activate my new sim card

Redboy2020

I want to activate my sim card

Hey @Redboy2020, Alex here! 

If you have a new SIM card, you can update it in your online account on our website. 

Otherwise, if you're looking to activate a new line, you can either do it on Fido.ca, by contacting our customer service or directly in one of our stores! 

xraydrg

Hey Alex, still no response from Chat (6 Hrs!) I have upgraded my phone  how do I activate the new phone .... can I use eSim instead of inserting a SIM...from my old phone? IF so please give me the COMPLETE set of instructions (for dummies 😉 so I can follow them. I can access my FIDO account ...

If MUST use the old SIM from my old phone (different size SIM - bought online...Store pickup - they did NOT provide a new SIM) -  instructions on how to activate step by step using old SIM if I can get a SIM frame to work,  Thanks

Hello Xraydrg,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you have not been able to reach anyone using Live Chat. I'm not sure what service hours they had on Christmas Day.

While I haven't done so myself, I believe you should be able to obtain an eSIM via your My Account --> View Usage & Manage --> Manage SIM (under Quick Actions, near bottom of page). I believe you will need to reply to a verification text message in order to proceed. Unfortunately, I do not know of the following steps as I have not personally switched to eSIM.

You should note this forum is community-driven and no longer intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customer accounts. If you would like additional assistance, you would likely need to contact customer service. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. Hopefully, their service hours are better after Christmas Day.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

adesh

how to active my new sim cards

Hello @adesh,

If you are looking to update your SIM card see here, if you are activating a new line the SIM card should already be activated if for whatever reason it is not then you can call customer service directly and will be able to assist you.

Bansalraghav605

I want to activate my sim card

Hey there @Bansalraghav605

Welcome to the Community Smiley

If you're looking to swap your old SIM card with a new one, you'll find all the steps in the solution of this thread.

Hope this helps!

elsa_2001

How to activate my sim

Hey @elsa_2001 Smiley

You can find the steps to activate a new SIM card here.

Hope this helps! 

lintiankui

l

sreza22

Hi @Baljitkaur 

How to activate a sim when I am adding a second line? update option seems to be only for the same number. 

Hey @sreza22 Smiley

When adding a second line to your account, you'll receive a brand new, already active SIM card!

You won't need to activate it manually.

Hope this clarifies! 

JS62

Very helpful thank you. I had no idea how to do it just by following links on the fido website.

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

goto the fido store to activated, that way if any problems can be fixed.

Baljitkaur
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi can you activate my new SIM card

Gohopalong1

I am can't seem to active my new SIM card

Hey @Gohopalong1,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

What happens when you try to activate it? Is there an error message on your side and if yes, what's the error?

I would suggest clearing the cache and cookies of your browser or try a different browser to see if that helps.

Keeps us posted!