How to activate my new SIM card

I'm a Participant Level 2 alsaediahned
I'm a Participant Level 2

How to activate my new SIM card

Hi I have new SIM card I want active my SIM cards

Accepted Solution

Re: How to activate my new SIM card

Hey @Baljitkaur

SIM cards for monthly accounts can only be activated on Fido.ca via MyAccount or in a Fido store. For prepaid accounts it can only be done in a store.

To do it on Fido.ca select the Services tab, and click on Mobile. You'll find the Update SIM Card link lower down the page, under Quick Actions

Keep in mind that for a postpaid account, if you do not have the old SIM Card number then activation on Fido.ca will not work. You must pass by a store to activate your SIM card.

Hope this helps! 😀

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 59
I'm a Participant Level 3 stephenso1
I'm a Participant Level 3

Still waiting for the PM and instructions.....

Thank you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 59
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

@ stephenso1 That's odd. We sent you a new PM. Please check your inbox. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 59
I'm a Participant Level 3 stephenso1
I'm a Participant Level 3

Thank you FidoTerry.  Maybe it was sent to the inbox of "stephenso", which I lost access to, after I re-register for my account using my email address?

I will check my current inbox again.  Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 59
Former Moderator

@stephenso1 Got your PM, replying to you now. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 59
Former Moderator

In case anyone was curious why stephenso1 couldn't update his SIM card online: This feature is only available for postpaid customer at this moment. If you have a prepaid account, you won't be able to do it on Fido.ca. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 59
I'm a Participant Level 1 marctbo11
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am having the exact same problem and I am a postpaid customer. Clearly the website needs work to allow all users to have 100% of the account access we are suposed to have instead of having to call in anytime we want to change something. It's not practical. i upgraded my phone, and it came with a new sim card. All i should have to do is put that new sim card in and power on the phone and it should automatically register and change the sim card information. ( like other companies do already). The fact that i now tell myself that i decided to get the phone delivered to my home to save me the trip to the store to get everything done, now i should have just went to the store. it would of been much less of a hassle. I cannot say i am not dissapointed. Will be forced to call in to get the sim card changed so i can use my new phone.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 59
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hi @marctbo11

Welcome to the Community!
Thanks for sharing your experience, no need to call-in simply contact us so we can help with the SIM swap.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 59
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 3n

Re: New phone

Stop saying "simply" - there is nothing "simple" about it!

My daughter lost her phone.  I got her a new one from Fido - "emergency calls only".  SIM card was wrong.

They sent another SIM card, said it would already be activated - it's not.

I went online to activate it - why the he'll do you need me to enter the old SIM number!!?  It's LOST - that's why i needed the new one!

It's been over a week goofing around with this **bleep**.  Absolutely dismal experience.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 59

Re: New phone

Hey @3n

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about all this. We can definitely assist you with the activation of that new SIM

I'll send you a PM on here directly

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 59
I'm a Participant Level 1 orion_squall

Hi,

The procedure to update SIM card online seems user-friendly when I login. I would like to confirm a few things before my new phone arrive:

1. My 5 years old phone and SIM card is a Micro. My new phone has LTE support, so in order to get LTE, I will have to order a new NANO SIM card which has LTE capabilities?

2. Do I need to do some cutting of the new SIM card to make it a NANO size?

3. Will my phone number or plan get altered or disturbed with installation of a new NANO SIM. I have BYOP plan and my assumption/knowledge is that updating a SIM card shall not alter any of it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 59