Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate new SIM card

alsaediahned
I'm a participant level 2

Hi I have new SIM card I want active my SIM cards

81 REPLIES 81

@stephenso, I wouldn't say that logging in with the phone number doesn't give full access. We recommend registering with the email address in case a customer is having problem with the phone number method. 

stephenso1
I'm a participant level 3

Hi FidoFaiza,

I have just registered as a new user to log into my account now.  But I am also required to register as a new user (stephenso1) in order to log back into the Fido Community and reply to this forum.  All of my previous account information, status, and messages are still with the old account (stephenso) and cannot be transferred to this new one?

Also, the issue is still the same.  I still don't have the option to Update SIM Card.

My phone number is on the very left with the check mark, then "Change My Number", then "Refer A Friend".  I still don't have the options of "Update SIM Card" and "Upgrade My Device".....

stephenso1

Still showing the same options even with the registering a new account using email as username.

Still no Update SIM Card and Upgrage My Device options.  

Also losing my Fido Community login, status, and messages......

I’M SAVVY
I’M AN AMATEUR

Fido Capture2.JPG

Oh no, that's too bad Sad I should have mentionned you would lose your community profile. No worries though, we can help you get it back. 

PM coming your way and we will also help you change the sim card.

Thanks, @stephenso1

stephenso1

Thank you very much FidoFaiza.

Will wait for the PM and instructions.

stephenso1

Still waiting for the PM and instructions.....

Thank you.

@ stephenso1 That's odd. We sent you a new PM. Please check your inbox. Smiley

stephenso1

Thank you FidoTerry.  Maybe it was sent to the inbox of "stephenso", which I lost access to, after I re-register for my account using my email address?

I will check my current inbox again.  Thanks.

In case anyone was curious why stephenso1 couldn't update his SIM card online: This feature is only available for postpaid customer at this moment. If you have a prepaid account, you won't be able to do it on Fido.ca. 

marctbo11
I'm a participant level 1

I am having the exact same problem and I am a postpaid customer. Clearly the website needs work to allow all users to have 100% of the account access we are suposed to have instead of having to call in anytime we want to change something. It's not practical. i upgraded my phone, and it came with a new sim card. All i should have to do is put that new sim card in and power on the phone and it should automatically register and change the sim card information. ( like other companies do already). The fact that i now tell myself that i decided to get the phone delivered to my home to save me the trip to the store to get everything done, now i should have just went to the store. it would of been much less of a hassle. I cannot say i am not dissapointed. Will be forced to call in to get the sim card changed so i can use my new phone.

Hi @marctbo11

Welcome to the Community!
Thanks for sharing your experience, no need to call-in simply contact us so we can help with the SIM swap.

@stephenso1 Got your PM, replying to you now. Smiley 

Muffin123

HOW DO i ACCTIVATE MY NEW PHONE THAT WAS SENT FROM CUSTMER SERVICE?

Hey @Muffin123

Were you able to figure it out?

I moved your post here since we already had a similar thread. Feel free to scroll up and read all the replies Smiley

Muffin123

I don't have the phone yet it will be here sometime this week. I was just wondering what I need to do once I get my phone normally I go into the store and all is taken care of there.

Okay cool!

Pretty awesome that you're checking things out! Thanks for keeping us posted! Smiley

3n

Stop saying "simply" - there is nothing "simple" about it!

My daughter lost her phone.  I got her a new one from Fido - "emergency calls only".  SIM card was wrong.

They sent another SIM card, said it would already be activated - it's not.

I went online to activate it - why the he'll do you need me to enter the old SIM number!!?  It's LOST - that's why i needed the new one!

It's been over a week goofing around with this **bleep**.  Absolutely dismal experience.

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @3n

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about all this. We can definitely assist you with the activation of that new SIM

I'll send you a PM on here directly