Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is a prepaid number active?

MrNour
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi!

I recently purchased a prepaid phone line from Fido.  I was told by the kiosk rep that the number is valid for 1 year but she wasn't sure.

Can you confirm what is the length of validity of a number if I don't add credit to the account after one month?

Example:

Line activated with credit on May 1.  When will the number expire if I did not top up on June 1?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello MrNour,

Welcome to the community!

The length of time before the monies on your account expire varies and depends on the amount you last refilled the account. $10, $20, $30 for 30 days; $50 for 60 days; and $100 for 365 days (see here). Your unused balance will remain active and carries over into the next month so long as you continue to refill your account with a minimum of $10 a month every 30 days, before your next anniversary date. If you don’t refill your account before your anniversary date, any remaining balance in your account will expire and be lost. You’ll no longer be able to use your phone except for emergency 911 calls. However, you can restore your expired balance if you refill within 7 days after your anniversary date.

Assuming you have passed your anniversary date and have not added funds to extend the date, your account balance will be $0.  If your prepaid mobile account balance remains at $0 for 6 consecutive months or if required payments towards your account are not made or are returned, for any reason, your prepaid mobile identifier (e.g., phone number or PIN number) will be deactivated (see Terms & Conditions).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers