How do I setup up my voicemail?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

How do I setup up my voicemail?

Ive got the Nokia C6 on a pre paid plan with free call display and voicemail, but the booklet it came with and the website doesnt direct me to such a solution.

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I setup up my voicemail?

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. Fido`s voicemail retrieval number has changed  in the past years. If you find yourselves unable to retrieve your voicemail when you are already subscribe to a voicemail option then I recommend to follow the steps bellow to make sure that your voicemail number is correct & to set it up if needed.

Please proceed as indicated: 

• iPhone: Dial *5005*86*+16478396178# (may not work on all iPhone models).
    • This is for customers without IPhone Visual Voicemail
  • Android: Go to Phone Icon > option for extraSettings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings > Voicemail Number and input +14168216549
  • Wireless Home Phone (WHP): Dial *983*866*(Voicemail Retrieval Number)# from the home phone handset.

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 13
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee
Solution

Re: How do I setup up my voicemail?

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. Fido`s voicemail retrieval number has changed  in the past years. If you find yourselves unable to retrieve your voicemail when you are already subscribe to a voicemail option then I recommend to follow the steps bellow to make sure that your voicemail number is correct & to set it up if needed.

Please proceed as indicated: 

• iPhone: Dial *5005*86*+16478396178# (may not work on all iPhone models).
    • This is for customers without IPhone Visual Voicemail
  • Android: Go to Phone Icon > option for extraSettings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings > Voicemail Number and input +14168216549
  • Wireless Home Phone (WHP): Dial *983*866*(Voicemail Retrieval Number)# from the home phone handset.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 13
Highlighted

Voicemail setup

Hi 

I am trying to setup my VM on Fido but it asks me to enter my 10digit mobile no to retrieve messages when i press 1 and then says thats incorrect.

I am from NS if there is anything different that we have to do. Please let me know as this is becoming really frustrating now.

Thanks,

siri

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 13
Highlighted

Re: Voicemail setup

Hey @siri01! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I can understand your frustration there. To help, I've moved your post in this thread, where you can find very useful information. You can also check out our dedicated page for that here.

Let us know if this helps. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 13