cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I re-enrol in device protection now that I've upgraded my phone?

ccurran
I'm a contributor level 2

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my phone and have read that I need to re-enrol in the device protection in order for it to actually be eligible.  But, how do I do that? Where do I go?  I don't see anywhere on the fido site or within my account to do it.

Thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

FidoSamantha
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi ccurran! 

You can have it added on by :
- sending us a message on Facebook or Twitter
- chatting online via your account on Fido.ca

Keep in mind that it can only be added within your first 15 days after your purchase; I'd suggest getting in touch as soon as possible! 

Smiley 

ccurran

Thanks for your reply!

I contacted customer service and was told I didn't need to re-enrol and that it automatically switched to my new phone, which is great.  But the messaging on the Fido site and pamphlets doesn't match that . . .

Colleen

Sorry about that Colleen!

I missed the fact that you already had it in your account. And don't worry Smiley The customer service representative is correct! 

You'd only have to change the option you have if it's not compatible with your current device. For example; an iPhone 6 won't have the same protection service add-on as a Nokia Lumia 635.

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

You may also call Asurion at 1-866-327-3399 to confirm whether your new phone is under device protection or not. They are the company who provides the replacement service.