How FIDO rip off customers

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

How FIDO rip off customers

On June 25, 2020, I had received the following message from Fido:

Hi Victor, it's Fido.

As a loyal customer, here's a special offer just for you: right now, you can get the amazing Samsung Galaxy A71 for just $14.99/mo. over 24 months at $0 down (after bill credit) with Fido Payment Program. And if you upgrade online, we'll also waive the $40 Setup Service Fee. That's a whole lot of savings. Full price is $710 with 0% interest. Offer exclusively for 778-xx-xxx. To take advantage, log in to your account at fido.ly/SamsungA71 . Questions? fido.ca/contactus. Reply STOP to opt out of Fido text msgs.

On July 3, 2020, I called Fido and talked to Roya, a customer service representative. She said that I can get Samsung Galaxy A71 phone for $14.99/month for 24 months at $0 down but I must change my plan, at this time I had $35/ month plan. Roya found a $45/month plan and offered me $10 discount until April 2021. This was great news, so I accepted the offer for the new phone and new plan with the discount mentioned.

On July 9, 2020, I received my first bill on the new plan, and I was charged $45 for my plan and $33.13 for the phone. When I agreed to the Roya’s deal, my understanding was the plan would cost 35$/mo until April 2021 and the phone charge would be $14.99/mo.

On July 14, 2020, I spent more than 2 hrs on the phone with Fido Customer service representatives, and my problem was not solved. Lastly, I talked to Kira, a Fido customer service manager and she confirmed that the monthly phone cost should be $14.99 and not $33.13. She also said that Roya made a mistake and was not authorized to give me the $10 discount until April 2021 and I have to pay $45/month for my plan. Kira said that according to Fido's policy if Fido's employee made a mistake or provided with a false statement, the customer must pay for his or her mistake. When I asked Kira how I can leave some feedback regarding Fido customer service, she pointed me to the first page on the Fido website. On this page, I could leave feedback about the website, but not about the quality of the service I was provided.

On July 28, 2020, I called Fido again, and talked to Shalany, a customer service representative, and asked her how much my monthly bill is. She said that I must pay $45 for my plan and $33.13 for the device. Shalany said that she can't see a note in my Fido profile that on June 25, 2020, Fido sent me the promotional message about $14.99 for the device. She said that it doesn’t matter even if I still have this message on my old phone and I can provide it as evidence. She mentioned that if this information was deleted from my profile, I must pay $33.13/ mo.

On July 28, 2020, after my conversation with Shalany, I decided to send an email to Fido customer service. Unfortunately, the Fido website doesn’t give you this option. I used a live chat option and chatted with Karen and Smit. I explained the situation and asked them to give me an email address to send my complaint to a proper person, but I was told that they don't know any emails.

This is how Fido rip me off for $599.60

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: How FIDO rip off customers

Hey there @Victor12

Sorry to hear about your recent experience. Seeing as there are some missing promotions, I would like to ask you a few more questions to better assist you:

1. When completing the order and upgrade on your account, an email confirmation is always sent. What was the pricing and discounts applicable for the device?
  2. On your invoice, under the "Other charges and credits". Was there any bill credit indicated in that section?
  3. Since the discount on the price plan was deemed incompatible, was there any alternative solution provided to you?

As a side note, you can also find on these links more info on the Fido Payment Program and how it's billed.

The report or share a concern can be found on this page. However, as the process still requires you to contact us we'll be happy to take a closer look at your situation by PM. Let us know so we can follow up Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

Hello FidoSaad,

Please see all the answers below

1.When completing the order and upgrade on your account, an email confirmation is always sent. What was the pricing and discounts applicable for the device?

On July 6, 2020, I received the email with following information:

Summary of Monthly Fees

Monthly Fees for Term Services $0.00

Monthly Fees for Month-to-Month Services $45.00

Financing Program Monthly Payment $33.13

Total Monthly Fees (before taxes and discounts) $78.13

I called Fido immediately and a customer service representative said, don’t worry your first bill will be as promised.

2.On your invoice, under the "Other charges and credits". Was there any bill credit indicated in that section?

Credit: Payment Program Promotion - $14.59 but on July 28, 2020, Shalany, a customer service representative, told me that no discount for the device and I must pay $33.13/ mo.

3.Since the discount on the price plan was deemed incompatible, was there any alternative solution provided to you?

Yes, Fido offered me $10 one-time credit.

Thank you,

Victor12

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Thanks for all the information @Victor12!

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at your account. 

See you in PM!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4