Help with refilling prepaid phone

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Help with refilling prepaid phone

The first time I set up my prepaid phone, I went to a Fido store to get my account created. The representative gave me a receipt which had the 14-digit code you input to fill your account. A month later, it expired, so I bought a prepaid voucher card today at a retail store. When I call *868, it asks for the same 14-digit code, only this time, I can't find it on the card. I assumed the code was the numbers in the bar code, but I only counted 12 numbers instead of 14. I really need help with this. I bought a $20 card and I don't really want to lose $20 worth of minutes and texts because I can't find the code. 

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Help with refilling prepaid phone

@MattG

When you buy a voucher from Fido it is usually printed like a receipt. If you want to refill you can call Fido at 1-888-482-3436 or by *868, or online like silentbuddha mentioned online at the Fido website. Another convenient way to pay is on the phone itself.
Go to your dial pad and enter:
*114* (Voucher number)# (Then press call)

This allows you to do it direct on your phone without having to go through the automated menu. If you want to make sure that it has gone through correctly then you can press *225 to check.
==========
@Amazon,

You can buy Fido prepaid vouchers at most major retailers across Canada. Safeway, Superstore, Save-On-Foods Etc, as well you can go to gas stations, and convenience stores too.
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 9
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hi,

There are several ways to buy prepaid refill...

1 - Fido Authentic Prepaid Airtime vouchers are like those plastic gift-cards that you would buy from any store. The cards would have out fido brand image and the refill code would be located on the opposite side.  I am not sure whether the cards have a magentic strip (like the ones on ccd ) that the cashier would need to swipe in order to activate the refill code.

2 - Fido virtual air-time vouchers...the refill code is printed on the receipt

3 - Refill with Interact Online ( fido.ca account )

4 - Refill with CCD ( fido.ca account )

As per your situation, since users are not allowed to post images of the type of voucher bought; I can only suggest that you go back to the point of sale and ask the representative where the dang refill code is located.

Let us know...good luck Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted

You have to look at the ticket you got for the purchase. The 14 digit must be there. ­

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted

Where do you buy the vouchers, other than the Fido stores?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Fido Employee
Fido Employee
Solution

@MattG

When you buy a voucher from Fido it is usually printed like a receipt. If you want to refill you can call Fido at 1-888-482-3436 or by *868, or online like silentbuddha mentioned online at the Fido website. Another convenient way to pay is on the phone itself.
Go to your dial pad and enter:
*114* (Voucher number)# (Then press call)

This allows you to do it direct on your phone without having to go through the automated menu. If you want to make sure that it has gone through correctly then you can press *225 to check.
==========
@Amazon,

You can buy Fido prepaid vouchers at most major retailers across Canada. Safeway, Superstore, Save-On-Foods Etc, as well you can go to gas stations, and convenience stores too.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted

so it would be on the bottom or top of the receipt ?
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Where would the 14 digit voucherr number be located? Where on the receipt, I have it in front of my face.

When you go to the Web page to enter your code and Validate, if you enter a wrong code, it doesn't tell you if it has been accepted or not. The page is not well done, then it says to wait 5 minutes, nothing.

I called Fido hel prepaid and you can't talk to a person, so far I'm not impresses with the customer service.

If you ask to talk to a human it says to fax or mail the question. Can you freakin beleive that.

I'm going back to the plave where i bought the voucher and since fido is in the same mall. if they can't fix this in 15 minutes, this phone is being trashed

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted

You didn't answer the question, you danced around it. Where is the voucher number???
Is is 14 number as they said on the web page
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted

The 14 number is on the Superstore receipt not on the voucher. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 9