cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud callback

ti131
I'm a participant level 2

Someone recently succeeded in pretending to be me and ordered a new tablet with my account. I was told that someone from the fraud department would call me back in 72 hours but I have been waiting for more than a week. This is concerning and I would like to know why this process is taking so long and who I should contact for support .

5 REPLIES 5

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ti131

I can definitely understand how this can be concerning and we're here to help! 

We'd like to verify the details, I'll send you a PM shortly. 

Talk soon. Smiley 

ti131

After a long wait to speak with someone from the Fido Fraud department, I was finally contacted by someone.  I was given no information about what happened. Apparently according to Fido policy, I cannot be told if someone had used a piece of fake ID to access my account (or worse, stolen a piece of my ID). I cannot know which store or which city this occurred. I cannot know if data usage location from the stolen device indeed suggest that this might be someone I had met before. 

Fido collects so much information about us all the time, but fails to disclose information during critical times which can help protect myself in this situation. 

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We take this matter very seriously @ti131, I can assure you, the privacy of your information is important to us. As you know, we have a department dedicated to work on these types of cases to make sure we prevent unwanted transactions as much as we can. 

At the moment, the only information available regarding the incident is what was shared by the representative responsible for the case.

ti131

Right. Nice to know that the Fraud department does not care to tell me anything about what happened.

Hello @ti131

It's important for us to protect your information. However, we can only give you the information we have on our end.

I would like to take a look at what was discussed so far concerning your account.

I'm sending you another PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.