cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding voicemail message. How?

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

I have a voicemail message on my phone that is for my wife. She has another line on my account, but she keeps it mostly private so that people don't call it. To not have to write down all the details of the message and get blamed if any of it was wrong it wold be nice to forward the message from my voicemail box to hers.

Exactly the same way i forward emails for her that get sent to me. 

Like hit the 6 button and enter her FIDO Fone number.

Apparently that is how it used to be. Unless the Internet is lying.

The Internet wouldn't lie would it?

clocks ticking, I only have 3 days to figure this out.

🐩

5 REPLIES 5

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @thePoodleFarmer

The voicemail doesn't have the option of forwarding voice messages.  Thanks for the suggestion though!  

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

While I m suggesting, you know what would be really cool? 😎

If there was a way in the voicemail system to hit a number, say 6.

That lifts the voicemail into a audio file that you could send as an MMS to a recipient, be it you or someone else.

unfortunately life is what it is, and having a permanent record of a voicemail message might be something some people would really like to have. The old days of the answering machine on the landline with the little tape you could save are gone.

Or not? Hmmm... If I patched the audio headphone jack from the phone to the microphone input jack on the back of my old old tower with Windows XP I bet I could save it as an audio clip of the voicemail message and then send as an email attachment. 🤔

Nero Express can make a WAV or even one of those modern MP3 files. Hmmm. Save those sentimental voicemail messages forever.

Sometimes Wacko ideas come to me in rambling moments. Followed closely by Yacko and Dot.

Let me work on it.

🐩

Hello thePoodleFarmer,

@thePoodleFarmer wrote:...If there was a way in the voicemail system to hit a number, say 6.

That lifts the voicemail into a audio file that you could send as an MMS to a recipient, be it you or someone else...

While there isn't a system in place like you suggest, Fido does offer the Premium Voicemail-to-text add-on (see here for rates). I'm not sure if one can get the Premium voicemail as a standalone add-on anymore.

In addition to receiving a transcript of your voicemail sent as a text message, they also provide a recording of the message as well. In theory, you should be able to forward that text message to another phone number. I haven't tried it myself, though. Since the text messages are on your phone, they should be available for as long as you don't delete the messages.

I rather like the voicemail-to-text feature and I also find the recordings useful when the system can't transcribe the message (like with those Chinese spam calls).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

That is exactly what I would subscribe to.

Except.

It is bundled with a International calling features that I would never ever use. My wife regularly travels overseas and gets a prepaid SIM over there wherever the plane lands and either calls me or uses hotel WiFi for Facetime.

so the International discounts have no value. I don't know what her number is.

Kind of useless bundle for me.

But I would pay $7 for saving a certain specific message that has significant sentimental importance. Some things are priceless. So I would add the service .. save the message that means more to me than $7 .. then cancel the service. Pay my $7 And hope I never have to use it again to save a memory.

Would be nice if the bundle included meaningful things. Like $7 for premium voicemail to text/audio file and an extra 1Gb of data.

Then it becomes something I would consider keeping as an add-on regularly.

Feedback for the marketing folks.

I am working on geting phone audio on the computer. First attempt didn't work. Probably like serial cables, it depends on whether you need a straight through or crossover cable. Might have to do some cut'n'solder splice to make a patch cord that works.

🐩

wreeves
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

fongo ... Does exactly what you are looking for ... For 6/month