cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido verification code from 650-6

jzhan173
I'm a participant level 1

What are those verification codes for? I think someone was trying to access my account since I have never requested those codes. I just received a SMS from 650-6 with 4 digit code which were called "Your fido verification code".

Thanks.

38 REPLIES 38

beepbbbbbbbbbbb
I'm a participant level 2

I

INVLD

Hi, I just received a verification code from 650-6. Is this a scam? Because I never asked for a code from Fido 

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

As mentioned before, your account access is secure. Some customers were receiving verification codes from 650-6 due to a glitch, we have received confirmation that a fix has been implemented to block un-requested verification codes.

Thank you!

PaulD108

I have just received a Fido code from 6508, cause unknown, December 23, 2019.

Could log into my account online, have changed my password.

Wish you had a little better security about user personal identification. Might seem not-that-difficult to impersonate a user and make a service change or number transfer calling into your service desk.

Hey @PaulD108!

Message received from 650-8: 
Thanks for the head's up on this. We're looking into it and will update everyone once we have more news.

Message received from 650-6: 

In terms of the codes coming from 650-6 which originally started this thread back in October, some customers were receiving those verification codes due to a glitch. We have received confirmation that a fix has been implemented to block those unrequested verification codes. 

tpirie

I have now received 3 of these messages from 650-8. They were received on October 10, 2018, Feb 26, 2019, and December 23, 2019.

Is this spam?

Hello Tpirie,

Welcome to the community and Happy Holidays!

The messages from 650-8, did they provide a Fido code? The messages from that short code are usually to provide a code to verify the My Account app. Since users enter their phone number to request the verification codes, it's possible that other customers have incorrectly entered their own phone numbers.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

PaulD108

That is a helpful reply, thank you.

Hello @tpirie

Concerning messages from 650-6 and 650-8, there is no potential risk as these codes are sent only to your phone number directly and cannot be used anywhere else outside your device. Your account access is secure. 

With that said, our dev team is working on implementing a correction to this situation. Smiley 

PaulD108

Thank you.

surplomb

Add me to the list! I also received a verification code from 650-6 today at 13:22.

Seems pretty wide-spread! I'm looking forward to being (hopefully) reassured by Fido support that this is not a big deal... My account/app access is fine and nothing appears to be out of place. 

Everyone affected might want to change their passwords just in case.

MortyKing

I also received a text message saying ''Your Fido Verification code is: ****'' from 6506 at 12:40 PM today

OC_1
I have received text messages from Fido (the short form not a 10 digit number) stating "here is your verification code" and then a number.  Twice.  Neither time was I accessing anything that would require Fido to send me this.

Is it spam?  Is someone attempting  to gain access to my account?  

Why are verification codes sent ? 

What  should I be looking out for?

I deleted the text immediately both times.  The first instance I phoned support and they told me this was the 5th call like this they had had that evening.  I set up a pin for an extra layer of security.  I have also changed my password.  Rather disconcerting that security is so lax.  

Hey @OC_1

Welcome the Community!

I have moved your message in this thread as it deals with the same topic. Rest assured we take this situation very seriously and are investigating as we speak. 

You did well by taking the extra precautions.

wchau28

I too just received a Verification code from 6506.

Thanks for letting us know @wchau28, we're working on it!

Hi everyone, 

Rest assured your account access is fully secure and our teams are looking into it. When we have more information, we will be sure to share it. 

Thank you. 

BushmanCanuck
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Just received a Fido verification code text from 5606

Fido getting hacked? 

ale2019

Yesterday I too did receive a 650-6 Fido Verification code, even though I never asked for it.

Here are some observations:

• I am able to log into my Fido account via web browser.
• I was NOT able to launch my Fido MyAccount phone app yesterday. It was permanently stuck on the loading screen it would just spin forever.
• 8 HRS later… I did nothing and now I am now able to launch my Fido MyAccount phone app. No more loading/spinning.

@Fido Moderators and Staff

It looks like a lot of people within the past 24 HRS were posting similar symptoms.

Is 650-6 SMS Fido Verification code for real?

Can anyone at Fido provide some information on what happened?

Any feedback or precautions would be appreciated.

Git1

Just received one from 6506.

Didn't ask for it at all, tried using the app and got Fido code from 6508. Going to change passwords, are there any recommendation for further securing our accounts?