cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido - short code turned off completely only my number

helenchenpoon
I'm a participant level 2

I have been struggling with this for 2 years. I don't receive any short code notifications. Call and regular text works just fine. 
None of the short codes listed here: https://www.txt.ca/en/
Tried: 
1, text "HELP" to these short codes, no responses. 
2. rule out setting on my phone by inserting someone else's sim card in my phone, text "HELP" to shortcodes in txt.ca, received correct responses.   I also put my sim card in another phone, same problem. 
3. rule out the physical sim card problem by going to a fido store and ask for a new sim card. No, new sim card did not solve the problem.
4. call in for help, long history of this and only received a shrug each time. Waste 1+ hour each time just to explain everything yet still asked to try things I had done before. 

I wish to have a direct communication with someone in the backend who knows how to trace this problem. Will someone just review the code around shortcode handling? I bet there is a spam/fraud filter or a faulty logic, or there is a security hole that my short codes are highjacked/redirected .  What does it take to put me in contact with someone who knows something.  It is simply NOT ok for the poor support from Fido/Rogers.  My family have 5 numbers with Fido, my number is the only one with this problem. 

My next step is to take all the business to bell.  

2 REPLIES 2

helenchenpoon

Blocklist is local to the device and not my sim, at least that is my understanding.  So other Fido SIM on my device would have the same numbers blocked, yet other sim works fine on my device. 
Also, I would not have managed to block all those short codes one by one. None of the short code works.  
I called Fido and was on a call with tech support who traced the route and confirmed somewhere in the network, message to/from short code are not happening.  Now it is in a network engineer's hand.  😀 I am hopeful, this time with the trace information, the network engineer will be able to unblock me.  👍

Good morning @helenchenpoon , sorry to hear that short codes aren't working for you. May I ask what device you are using? If it is a Samsung galaxy model  I found an article about not receiving short codes. See here  if you have an apple device I found this,

on your issue device

From settings
  1. From the Home screen, tap the Settings icon.
  2. Tap Messages > Blocked > Edit.
  3. Tap the next to the number or contact you wish to unblock.
  4. Tap Unblock.

I hope one of these suggestions works for you, cheers